“Amazingness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Towers at The New York Palace

Save Saved
You added The Towers at The New York Palace to your Saves list
The Towers at The New York Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
MORE To Every Suite
Ranked #8 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazingness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at The Towers for two nights in May of this year, along with our small dog. The experience from start to finish was fabulous. We were immediately upgraded to a gigantic suite on the top floor of the hotel (it was bigger than my house - my dog was in heaven!) with the most amazing views and very lovely, clean decor. I didn't want to leave but when I did, it was pleasant to wander around the hotel, do some shopping and then rest in the beautiful courtyard. The beds were very comfortable and we heard no noise from the hallway or adjoining rooms. Room service was great, impressed with their patience as I modified everything I ordered. Everyone was so kind to my dog and from the valet to the bellmen to the front desk to the cleaning staff, absolutely wonderful service. A+ all around and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pray to be upgraded to a suite because they are FABULOUS!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dera travelgal30,

Thank you for this fantastic review. I am glad that you had an amazing experience at The Towers and look forward to welcome you (and your dog!) back to our hotel.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Excellent staff, great location. Beautiful area of NYC. We will for sure be back! The bakery and bar under the Madison Street entrance are hidden gems of this property.

We had no issues arise that the staff could not immediately address. Great folks.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim B,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay. Thank you this amazing review and i look forward to welcome you back.

Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed in a number of hotels in midtown Manhattan and 3 years ago we chanced on The New York Palace and fell in love. Since then it is our destination whenever we come to the city which is 3-4 times a year. The location is convenient to the theater district and excellent shopping (especially American Girl Place which is a favorite of ours) and it's a short cab ride to museums. The staff is always helpful and friendly. On one trip our room was not ready on time and we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. The management and staff at The New York Palace are a class act.

Room Tip: The views of St. Patrick's Cathedral are stunning.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear AGPlaceLover,

Thank you for your amazing review. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at The Towers and hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were frequent visitors to the Palace Hotel many years ago...this is our first return visit since the renovations...it is beautiful. I checked in on The American Express Program and was delighted to receive an upgrade to the Towers..But I was not permitted to go to my room because I was checking in with my husbands card...I was not happy..He finally arrived and we proceeded to our beautiful room. The staff at the front desk was awesome...Sue especially....she made us feel so welcome..The concierge took over and proceeded to turn the day around...
It was this staff that made us feel so special. We had another blip on our radar screen...no turn down service ...even after a request....Due to the mechanics of the room..it was necessary for this to be able to darken the room..perhaps some instructions would be handy.
Every time we returned to the hotel we felt as if we were VIP Guests...
Thanks again to Sue and her wonderful personality for turning our stay around...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear SheriPhiladelphia,

Thank you for your review and sincere feedback. I am glad that you had a great overall stay and i hope to welcome you back for another great experience.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling with a family of 4 is challenging enough. Finding a room in NYC that is large enough for mom, dad and 2 daughters is a tough. Our tower room was on the 44th floor and was huge. It was the booking.com commercial when the dad opens the door with the kids and High Fives everyone when he is so relieved and happy. Service was great. The only thing was it just didn't seem to offer a comfortable setting for dining. The restaurants are very nice but we chose to dine off property.

Room Tip: If you can spring for the extra $ get the Tower rooms. Worth It!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shane S,

Thank you for this amazing review. I will be sure to share it with the team as I am certain they will appreciate it as much as I did. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcome you and your family back.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in one of the rooms located at the Towers for a work trip and it was super amazing. The room was spacious and modern -- completely surprised given that the other hotels in NYC are generally on the smaller size. The gym was also spacious and great views of the St. Patrick Cathedral from the gym. Last but not least, the service was impeccable -- everyone from the door man to the guy from in-room dining service were all super nice and polite. I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in the area!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amy J,

Thank you for this great review and for your wonderful remarks. I am glad you had a great experience at The Towers and look forward to welcoming you back.

Seagrove Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed at the Towers August 4-8 with my wife and two kids (10 & 12) for my wife's 40th birthday. We have been to NYC several times and based our decision to stay here on Trip Advisor reviews. I absolutely agree that the location and the rooms are phenomenal. Our corner suite on the 49th floor was spectacular and the amount of space is insane by NYC standards. Prior to my arrival I had been in touch with the concierge (Louise) who was wonderful and helped me arrange a special floral arrangement to be in the room upon our arrival. I suspect it was Louise who also had a hand in our upgrade to the corner suite, which was so appreciated!
For almost $1000 a night I expect seamless, proactive service. I just do. My family just returned from the Fairmont in Playa Del Carmen Mexico where the service was executed flawlessly for 10 days, so certainly a posh NYC hotel could pull this off. Unfortunately they did not.

I alerted the hotel to our very late arrival and when we arrived to the room close to 1am, the sofa bed was not made up. No big deal, we can make a bed, however, there were no sheets, blankets or pillows for the sofa bed. So I had to call housekeeping where I was then nstructed to "look again" for the set up. I explained it was not in the room and to bring the set asap. 30 minutes later it was delivered by a housekeeper with a bad attitude. Now I wouldn't like having to make up a sofa bed either at 130 in the morning for a tired family but she literally came to our door with a scowl on her face. It made me so uncomfortable and not wanting to deal with her sour puss, I tipped her (quite well I might add) and took the set to make up the bed myself. Not a great start.

For the next few days I was not overly impressed with the front desk or the concierge in the Towers section. I understand that their phones ring all day long, but the guest in front of you should never be ignored. Hospitality 101. In addition, there was just a lack of enthusiasm behind the desk each time I had an interaction. The same lackadaisical attitude was also on display when I asked housekeeping for a coffee maker (someone had posted on TripAdvisor to request one) and they told me if I wanted coffee I could order it from in-room dining.

I find that to provide superior service one must listen. It is by listening and paying attention to small cues that allow for exceptional service to take place. Take for instance the interaction between myself and the concierge on the morning of August 6. Standing in front of her in my shorts, boat shoes and polo shirt I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant close by that would be appropriate for three adults and three children, aged 3, 10 & 12. Without hesitation and with great enthusiasm she immediately suggested an establishment right next door. That it would be great for kids (and I assumed tourists) as she saw how I was so casually dressed. Fantastic, we are getting somewhere now. We were in a rush and late for our reservation when we walked in to the restaurant at 12 sharp. They had just opened so we were basically the first guests there. We were seated upstairs and I immediately began to think that the suggestion may not have been a good one, simply by the upscale decor. Shame on me for not looking at the menu, but we were seated so we decided to stay as to not make a scene trying to get three kids back out of the restaurant. Oh how we wished we hadn't. For the next 30 minutes, every business person within a three block radius descended on this place for what were obvious POWER lunches. And here we sit with our three kids, in our shorts feeling utterly mortified. So after dropping over $250 for lunch we left with three starving kids (hot dog and pretzels at the food cart anyone?) and a very bad taste on our mouth. Shame on that concierge for not taking two minutes to stop and provide a recommendation that was suitable for us.
Except for the doormen, who were all great and hospitable and Louise, my favorite concierge, I was not impressed with the service at the Towers and look forward to taking my business to the Fairmont next time we are in the city.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are incredible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear BB30A,

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations and would love to have a chance to discuss with you personally. Kindly contact me executive@nypalace.com at your convenience.

David Chase

Been to The Towers at The New York Palace? Share your experiences!