“Huge Tower Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Towers at The New York Palace

Save Saved
You added The Towers at The New York Palace to your Saves list
The Towers at The New York Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
MORE To Every Suite
Ranked #8 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Austin, Texas
“Huge Tower Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling with a family of 4 is challenging enough. Finding a room in NYC that is large enough for mom, dad and 2 daughters is a tough. Our tower room was on the 44th floor and was huge. It was the booking.com commercial when the dad opens the door with the kids and High Fives everyone when he is so relieved and happy. Service was great. The only thing was it just didn't seem to offer a comfortable setting for dining. The restaurants are very nice but we chose to dine off property.

Room Tip: If you can spring for the extra $ get the Tower rooms. Worth It!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Shane S,

Thank you for this amazing review. I will be sure to share it with the team as I am certain they will appreciate it as much as I did. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcome you and your family back.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in one of the rooms located at the Towers for a work trip and it was super amazing. The room was spacious and modern -- completely surprised given that the other hotels in NYC are generally on the smaller size. The gym was also spacious and great views of the St. Patrick Cathedral from the gym. Last but not least, the service was impeccable -- everyone from the door man to the guy from in-room dining service were all super nice and polite. I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in the area!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amy J,

Thank you for this great review and for your wonderful remarks. I am glad you had a great experience at The Towers and look forward to welcoming you back.

Seagrove Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the Towers August 4-8 with my wife and two kids (10 & 12) for my wife's 40th birthday. We have been to NYC several times and based our decision to stay here on Trip Advisor reviews. I absolutely agree that the location and the rooms are phenomenal. Our corner suite on the 49th floor was spectacular and the amount of space is insane by NYC standards. Prior to my arrival I had been in touch with the concierge (Louise) who was wonderful and helped me arrange a special floral arrangement to be in the room upon our arrival. I suspect it was Louise who also had a hand in our upgrade to the corner suite, which was so appreciated!
For almost $1000 a night I expect seamless, proactive service. I just do. My family just returned from the Fairmont in Playa Del Carmen Mexico where the service was executed flawlessly for 10 days, so certainly a posh NYC hotel could pull this off. Unfortunately they did not.

I alerted the hotel to our very late arrival and when we arrived to the room close to 1am, the sofa bed was not made up. No big deal, we can make a bed, however, there were no sheets, blankets or pillows for the sofa bed. So I had to call housekeeping where I was then nstructed to "look again" for the set up. I explained it was not in the room and to bring the set asap. 30 minutes later it was delivered by a housekeeper with a bad attitude. Now I wouldn't like having to make up a sofa bed either at 130 in the morning for a tired family but she literally came to our door with a scowl on her face. It made me so uncomfortable and not wanting to deal with her sour puss, I tipped her (quite well I might add) and took the set to make up the bed myself. Not a great start.

For the next few days I was not overly impressed with the front desk or the concierge in the Towers section. I understand that their phones ring all day long, but the guest in front of you should never be ignored. Hospitality 101. In addition, there was just a lack of enthusiasm behind the desk each time I had an interaction. The same lackadaisical attitude was also on display when I asked housekeeping for a coffee maker (someone had posted on TripAdvisor to request one) and they told me if I wanted coffee I could order it from in-room dining.

I find that to provide superior service one must listen. It is by listening and paying attention to small cues that allow for exceptional service to take place. Take for instance the interaction between myself and the concierge on the morning of August 6. Standing in front of her in my shorts, boat shoes and polo shirt I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant close by that would be appropriate for three adults and three children, aged 3, 10 & 12. Without hesitation and with great enthusiasm she immediately suggested an establishment right next door. That it would be great for kids (and I assumed tourists) as she saw how I was so casually dressed. Fantastic, we are getting somewhere now. We were in a rush and late for our reservation when we walked in to the restaurant at 12 sharp. They had just opened so we were basically the first guests there. We were seated upstairs and I immediately began to think that the suggestion may not have been a good one, simply by the upscale decor. Shame on me for not looking at the menu, but we were seated so we decided to stay as to not make a scene trying to get three kids back out of the restaurant. Oh how we wished we hadn't. For the next 30 minutes, every business person within a three block radius descended on this place for what were obvious POWER lunches. And here we sit with our three kids, in our shorts feeling utterly mortified. So after dropping over $250 for lunch we left with three starving kids (hot dog and pretzels at the food cart anyone?) and a very bad taste on our mouth. Shame on that concierge for not taking two minutes to stop and provide a recommendation that was suitable for us.
Except for the doormen, who were all great and hospitable and Louise, my favorite concierge, I was not impressed with the service at the Towers and look forward to taking my business to the Fairmont next time we are in the city.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are incredible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear BB30A,

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations and would love to have a chance to discuss with you personally. Kindly contact me executive@nypalace.com at your convenience.

Moo'rea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the Towers on the 45th floor. Had a couple of awesome rooms that were big and comfy. Everyone at hotel was super nice and the best location in NY. Great patisserie in the hotel. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Arthur J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Towers. I am happy that you had a great stay and had a chance to enjoy our newly opened French Patisserie Pommes Palais.

I look forward to welcome you back

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for a week and can't wait to go back! The NY Palace is the perfect Manhattan hotel really, not just it's ideal location (our room looked out over the gorgeous Rockefeller Center), walking distance to all or most of midtown, MOMA, theaters, Central Park, etc., but beautifully elegant rooms, and exceptionally great service. The Concierge group, front desk, and Towers directors were all so gracious and well trained, they seem to be able to anticipate your needs with a level of genuine kindness beyond our expectations. And if you have the chance to have breakfast in Villard on the 2nd fl, you'll definitely enjoy the truly superb food and the absolutely breathtaking room; it's as if you're eating within some incredible modernized cathedral, it's just exquisite. We couldn't recommend the Towers any more highly!

Room Tip: The Towers is wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pei S,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am glad that you had a fantastic stay and look forward to welcome you back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights on a rare child-free getaway to celebrate our anniversary and 40th birthdays. Our room on the 52nd floor was beautiful - spacious, clean, modern, and what a beautiful view! Staff were consistently professional and courteous at every exchange. There was little to no noise from the corridor within our room. We loved the location as we were within walking distance to so many key areas of the city.

The little perks - scented facecloths at check-in, a champagne greeting upon return in the afternoon - were most appreciated and really elevate the guest experience. We also made use of the complimentary shuttle to the theatre district, which was a welcome perk after a tiring day of touring. WiFi is included in tower rooms, with easy and consistent access - very much appreciated when trying to keep up on things back at the office.

A few very minor glitches - one bedside lamp that would not turn off with the tablet controls (so we just unplugged it) and somehow we were missed for turndown service on one evening. Neither was significant enough for us to report to the front desk, nor did these minor issues in any way dampen our experience at the Towers.

We quite enjoyed our stay here and will recommend it to others. We will definitely return on future visits to the city.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear S P,

Thank you for this great review and for your valuable feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a memorable experience for your 40th birthdays.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend goes to the NY Palace each time he travels to New York for business, and for the 2nd time, I joined him last week for leasure. For the 2nd time we've been upgraded to a wonderful, large, comfortable, luxurious corner suite with an amazing view on the city. Staff is friendly, professional and convenient. Service is very good, we always feel welcome and get some special attentions. The location in town also is perfect, close to everything (5th Avenue, Central Park, Rockfeller Center, Moma...) good for shopping, dining...I can't wait to go back there and I really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, luxurious, comfortable and great view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marion L,

Thank you for this great review. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcome you and your boyfriend back to The Towers.

David Chase

Been to The Towers at The New York Palace? Share your experiences!