“The BEST Hotel in NYC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Towers at The New York Palace

You added The Towers at The New York Palace to your Saves list
The Towers at The New York Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
MORE To Every Suite
Ranked #10 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New York
“The BEST Hotel in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We continually return to the Towers and are never disappointed. The Hotel is beautiful and with the recent renovation even more spectacular. The staff is wonderful and on our most recent stay they went out of their way to make our Anniversary stay special. We had a gorgeous room with the most amazing view. The Hotel is in a very convenient location with lots of attractions, shopping and fine dining in easy walking distance. We would never consider any other Hotel as the Towers continues to exceed our expectations.

Room Tip: Request a Cathedral facing room for the most Spectacular view of St. Patrick's Cathedral and nei...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Mary B,

Thank you once again for sharing your experience at The Towers and for your continued loyalty.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed this recent stay tremendously and look forward to welcome you back.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cuero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Everything was great!!! Great room, perfect.

There are a few things that did bug me about the hotel. The car service said 'no reservations' when we tried to use, they said they couldn't take use because they had a 6pm, this was at 5:30. How are you booked if you don't take reservations?? We finally were able to get a car sometime later. Also, the wine and fruit that we ordered a week in advance took hours and several calls to make it up to our room.

If you don't use the house car or the room service, this place is 5 stars.

Room Tip: If you are offered an upgrade to the Towers, take it!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Foodie 20141980,

Thank you for your review. We will look into your feedback and discuss with the team. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and a memorable experience.

I hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Pierson, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

took our two kids to "the city" for their first trip. I wanted to make sure we had a great home base, and i could not have picked better. Great location, close to everything, and the hotel was just perfect!
Check in was fast, service was superb, and our room was fantastic. Large, CLEAN, well appointed, just really really nice! We have stayed here before, but they have really upped the game with the renovated Tower rooms. Way better for the money than the Ritz, Waldorf, or Plaza. The kids loved the place as the staff always had something nice to say to them while leaving or returning.
Concierge staff hooked us up with a private tour and she was fantastic. Very personable, and took us where we wanted, how we wanted, when we wanted, etc. Could not be better.
The tower rooms were just great.

Room Tip: Get the Tower Rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Erik_hagstron,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The Towers. I am so happy to see that you and your family had a fabulous stay and look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a 5 night stay with our 2 boys in late June. We had a suite on level 54, very spacious, stunning New York view, all freshly renovated in a contemporary style. The new renovation is complemented by the preservation of some of the original features of the Palace Hotel in the foyer, lifts and dining room. Terrific gym and unbeatable location for dining, theatre, shopping and business. The fine dining restaurant was expensive particularly for a simple (but very good) breakfast - but the deli was an excellent choice for a quick breakfast or coffee on the run. My boys loved the frappes!

The particular area that the Palace Towers excelled was the exceptional concierge service, bell and reception staff. At the time we stayed, a significant international dignitary was in residence for a few days and security was highly visible and intense. All that said, to me the sign of high quality, trained staff is the way they handle challenging circumstances. This they did with complete professionalism, a smile and extra touches such as a chilled glass of champagne as we passed through reception in the afternoons. Very nice touch. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay remained memorable and we got to enjoy the best of New York.

One thing internet (complementary) speeds were very slow - whether that was our height in the building or presence of security at that time I do not know - but it was a little inconvenient to need to come to the foyer to check emails etc. If this is important to you I would be mindful to check the arrangements and make sure they suit you.

We certainly had a wonderful stay and I must complement management on their staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High levels certainly have amazing views of the New York skyline
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We've been going to NYC for fine food and fine art since the 1990s. We just spent (our first) three nights at the Towers at the New York Palace and this will be where we stay in the future. It was the most amazingly perfect place in terms of very spacious room size, new and appealing furnishings, fabulously expansive city view and excellent staff from front desk to housecleaning to concierge. When we arrived they offered glass of champagne.
In the late 1990s we stayed at the Mark on the upper east side. Then they changed it and the rooms became smaller. Tried the Surrey but a noisy neighboring guest 2 nights in a row made us quit it. Tried other places in mid-town in the past 8 years. I don't remember ever walking into a hotel room in any city and feeling like I suddenly was in a heavenly retreat. It was about $500 plus tax per night. We could walk to MOMA, Jean Georges, Le Bernardin, and Betony, and walked back from lunch at Cafe Boulud and the Met on a beautiful summer day (took a taxi up). It would also be a good location for walking to plays. If you want a quiet retreat floating above the city but well-placed within it, this is where you should stay.

Room Tip: The tower is on higher floors in the New York Palace hotel. We were on the 50th floor looking east i...
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights, extended weekend.

Room wasn’t ready on arrival at noon, but they explained full occupancy and that housekeeping was scrambling to turn rooms. So they checked our bags and called around 2pm to say room was ready, which was very nice.

Unusual for NYC, room 4714 was both very large and sunny with a wonderful view of St. Patrick’s and July ‘s “Manhattanhenge” sunsets.

Room was spotlessly clean. Appears they recently renovated with new furniture and carpets. Housekeeping did a fine job each day.

Very effective black-out shades in case you’re jet lagged or just want to sleep in.

Free WiFi. And once I’d signed my devices in, they automatically acquired the signal again each time we were in the room. No further log-in required the entire stay.

Plenty of electrical outlets built into the desk for our phones, tablets, and laptop. I really appreciate not having to crawl around behind night tables and dressers trying to find a free outlet.

Convenient Creston bedside control for all the lights.

iHome bedside clock with iPhone 5 power plug.

Bathroom was sizeable for NYC with spacious shower stall, no tub.

Convenient location for getting around NYC. Walking distance to Central Park, MoMA, Rockefeller Center. For further afield, we never had problems getting an Uber on short notice. It’s nice having lobby entrances on 50th, 51st, and Madison Ave sides, depending on where you’re headed.

Complimentary bottles of water in a fridge which is in a cabinet across from Tower check in desk.

The only negative: front desk explained they closed down the Tower guest lounge, formerly on 39th floor. So no complimentary coffee or tea in the morning. But Pomme in the lobby has decent coffee and there’s a Starbucks just across 51st Street. Ess-a-Bagel is a short walk east and worth it.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

For lack of a better word, I'll just say AWSOME!

We stayed in the towers for my wife's 50th birthday. I had contacted the Director of Guest Experience (Ricky) and mentioned that we were celebrating our her 50th and was looking for a nice restaurant. He must of put something in the computer, because I think every person in the hotel wished my wife a happy birthday! It was something she/we will never forget!

Now to the hotel. It's gorgeous and immaculate. We stayed in the towers. Staff was very pleasant. I do not think we ever walked by an employee and the did at least say good morning/afternoon. When walking out that evening the bellman said something to the effect. "Good evening, I don't know if you saw but it might rain later so you might want to take an umbrella." While on the surface no big deal, but to travelers not familiar with the city and walking around,... priceless.

We had a quick lunch at Pomme Palais. It's mainly pastries and sandwiches but VERY good.
Just as we were finishing up, the guy that checked us out walked over with a chocolate eclair and said something like, "We heard it was your birthday and wanted to give you a little something on the house". My wife thought I put him up to it, but I never said a word to anyone in the cafe.

I had booked a couples massage for my wife and I, again they did not disappoint. My only complaint was in the massage room the therapist tried to up-sale me on aroma therapy oils. I don't have an issue with the up-sale, I just think a more appropriate time is when I check in to the spa or ideally when I make the reservation. The spa is small and simple, but the gym is huge. It's kind of cool running on a treadmill and looking out the window at the St. Patrick’s Cathedral across the street from the 8th floor.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Towers at The New York Palace? Share your experiences!