“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Towers at The New York Palace

You added The Towers at The New York Palace to your Saves list
The Towers at The New York Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
MORE To Every Suite
Ranked #10 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Friends referred my wife and I to this hotel for our first visit to New York and we were not disappointed.The rooms were very good ,large and well appointed.All staff were extremely helpful and friendly especially Alain in the restaurant.The hotel is well placed and close to central park broadway ,fifth avenue ,MoMA and any number of other attractions.We will certainly stay there again

Room Tip: Stay in the towers as it is quieter and all rooms have aview
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Don D,

Thank you for this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our Villard Restaurant.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is truly a gem! i brought my family here to enjoy central park and the areas surrounding. From the moment our car arrived to the front, the staff treated us like royalty. The staff got us checked in fast and even gave us a tour of the hotel. We used AMEX Concierge to book the hotel, therefore, we received $100 gift card, room upgrade to an AMAZING suite overlooking NYC and late checkout.
This property is spectacular.

Make sure to get a room in the Towers. Those are all beautiful suites.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the tower suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear MiamiEsq13,

Thank you for this spectacular review. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and provided you with an amazing experience.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Towers.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in the Towers of the New York Palace for close to 175 nights over the past 20 years, but had not stayed at the Palace for the past two years during which a major renovation was completed. Always elegant, the Palace now glistens. The service as as fine as always, the decor stunning, the views show off the NY skyline and the Cathedral, and the room sizes among the most generous in NY. And that location, wow! I can stay anywhere in NY I wish, but always come back to the Towers at the NY Palace.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Dodger29,

Thank you for this amazing review and for being such a loyal guest. I am happy to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations and we look forward to your next visit.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed in a Corner Executive Suite for four nights and let me tell you, it was difficult to leave the room sometimes. Ultimate luxury and comfort. The housekeeping staff kept the suite spotless and the amenities stocked. The concierge was super nice and so was every staff member we came in contact with. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants, so I can't comment on those. Great location for shopping and restaurants. We will definitely stay here next time we're in NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MissLarry,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your room so much. I look forward to your next visit.

Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at the New York Palace last July for a 4 day stay. I had a previous reservation at a hotel in downtown times square. I was glad I made the decision to stay at the palace. Although the hotel was undergoing renovations, the Towers were quiet and absolutely beautiful. Madison & 5th Avenue - close to everything within walking, subway, or bike (which we did all). Our room faced the Cathedral and had sights of Radio City and the Plaza.

When we arrived the hotel had a welcome cake for my son's 27th birthday. Yummy!

If I can splurge during my next trip to NYC, I want to stay at the palace again.

Special shout out to "Zahava A" for getting me and my brother a great deal!

Room Tip: Book your reservation for the towers. More money but well worth it - great views!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Luvtotravelforlife,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am happy that we were able to make your brother's birthday even more special and your stay a memorable one.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a highly disappointing hotel in most respects. It wasn't all bad - the views were wonderful (I had a high-floor view directly overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral) and the windows let in plenty of light. From there, I don't have much good to say. I can’t say what the other rooms look like, and some rooms are apparently newly-renovated, but the room I was in seemed like it was designed at random, with all sorts of colors and fabrics/textures in the room. The room was very large, with two closets, but most of the space was empty or underutilized. The bathroom was most disappointing, with an ugly older shower/tub combo with a slow drain to boot. Besides the unimpressive bathrooms, the real drawback was the service. When I arrived, around 12:30, I was told I would have to wait until 3 to get a room by a very rude receptionist. The next person who checked in got their room right away. I then asked again and was told that I could have a room with two queen beds instead of one king right away; why I wasn’t offered this solution the first time I can only imagine. The same receptionist was equally rude when I checked out, without asking how my stay was or even saying “goodbye” or “thank you” when I departed. The concierge was much nicer but overwhelmed (there was only one working at a time) but she ultimately got me a good lunch reservation, if it did take a while. Housekeeping came to clean the room at 7:30 am, and, though I told them to wait until I had checked out to return, they still came back again twice before check-out. I booked this hotel through a discount website, paying less than half of the listed room rate, and I STILL felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone - there are much better hotels for that kind of money, and hotels that are just as nice for far less money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed at the newly renovated Towers at the Palace numerous times. There is never a problem at this hotel. All of the Towers rooms are wonderful, comfortable, and elegant. The hotel is centrally located for restaurants, shopping and the theater. The staff is very polite, gracious, and helpful. They actually remember your name and greet you throughout your stay. The new pastry shop in the hotel has more than pastry and is a nice option for times when you don't want to go out or order room service. The food served in it is excellent. The rooms have all of the amenities you would expect including bathroom scales and toothbrush kits. The only minor fault I can find with the hotel is that the robes could be a bit more upscale, but I am being very picky. This hotel is never a disappointment and actually feels like a residence rather than a hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the Towers are on high floors. You can request the view you prefer. The rooms wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear vldavis,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Towers at The New York Palace. I am happy to hear that you had an amazing stay. Thank you also for your sincere feedback. I look forward welcome you back in the future.

David Chase

Been to The Towers at The New York Palace? Share your experiences!