“Excellence excellence!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Boca Raton, Florida
“Excellence excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Family of four made to feel special by every staff member we had the pleasure to meet.
As one of the most luxurious destination hotels in midtown, the Towers are an outstanding example of total atmosphere, total experience. Our stay during the high season traffic of Christmas time was handled with grace, smiles and outstanding execution.
Location, at Madison between 50 and 51 and of course high in the sky, is supreme. Food service, atmosphere and quality in the restaurant, the lounge and the patisserie (Pomme Palais) was so pleasing each time we had the pleasure to enter. Outstanding customer experience every time.
The renovation has made all of the public areas gorgeous and comfortable. The guest rooms are spacious, offering a friendly elegance to relax away from the street bustle.
We had the pleasure to meet Louise at the concierge desk. She is the most impressive professional concierge we have experienced...anywhere.
Looking forward to our next stay at the Towers at NY Palace.

Room Tip: Gorgeous views of Rockefeller Center and Top of St. Patrick's are a treat for rooms facing west...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
nypalace, General Manager at The Towers at The New York Palace, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Greatfood4ever,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this great review. I know the holidays can be stressful for many people and I am glad that our staff and hotel could help make you and your family have a memorable stay with us. I will also pass along you very kind words to our shining star Louise at the concierge desk.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
County Down, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Towers at the NY Palace has been my hotel of choice in New York for the past 8 years, however I did not stay there during the recent refurbishment. I visited in November 2013 and was not disappointed by what I saw.

The refurbishment is superb and the staff were as friendly and attentive as ever. Some of the staff in the reception area of the Towers even remembered me by my first name as soon as they saw me and as a female travelling alone, I cannot tell you how welcome this made me feel. All of the staff are just so welcoming and friendly and it is an absolute pleasure to stay there.

Pomme Palais is a welcome addition and the staff were so polite and friendly. I also ate in the new Bistro and visited Troubles Trust. All aspects of this hotel are amazing.

If you haven't stayed there before the location is fabulous. My room had a beautiful view over the Cathedral and was so bright with a beautiful bathroom. The room and the hotel in general is spotlessly clean.

Couldn't recommend this hotel enough. Simply superb.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Shopaholic2,

I am so humbled and delighted to hear your fantastic review from your most recent stay with us. As General Manager it makes me so happy to hear that not only our location and renovations were a success, but that our staff could make your stay go above and beyond. We look forward to being your home away from home for many more years to come.

South Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I just returned from an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving vacation in New York City, staying once more at The Towers. The recent renovation results are remarkable and our room, and the view overlooking Rockefeller Center, was stunning. I can't imagine better service at any other hotel, with a staff that truly cares about you and your needs. The location is in what I consider the best in Manhattan; being in walking distance to world class shopping, Broadway and a vast array of restaurants. The pastries in Pomme were unbelievable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear RaginCajun77,

Thank you very much for your great review, I am glad to know that both the accommodations and staff helped in making your Thanksgiving holiday a great one.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I loved my vacation at the Towers. We were four persons in the room but we didn't feel cramped Bc the room was spacious. The food was excellent but expensive. The view from the 53rd floor was fascinating . The location was excellent!! Perfect if u can afford it. The concierge team was really helpful. I would like to thank Kal for his recommendations and excellent service . Also the lady at reservations who knocked out 25%off the first night bc my room was not ready at arrival. Great place and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amal1371,

Thank you very much for the kind review, we are so happy you and your party enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your feedback to Kal and our front desk as well. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Oceanport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have been staying at NYP for the past 7 years every December with our daughter and have always enjoyed the location and service. Prior to staying here, we enjoyed St. Regis and other similar properties.

We did not visit during construction and were anxious to see the results of the renovation. I must say it is beautiful. It's not as traditional as it was, and has a significantly more contemporary vibe, but stays true to much of its rich history.

They have added several lounge/dining options and retained their loyal staff. The rooms remain among the largest in NY and offer some of the best views the city has to offer. The location is ideal (especially this time of year) due to proximity to Fifth Avenue shopping, Rockefeller Center, Radio City, etc. A walk to Central Park is also manageable.

We were impressed with the room updates as well as the continued personal service to which we've grown accustomed. Ultimately, the personalized service is what differentiates the NYP from other top properties here.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Blakely69,

I am so happy to have read your glowing review of the hotel and our completed renovations. I am glad you once again have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the next 7 years and beyond.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel has some lovely rooms and I always enjoy my visits here. I stay here when I'm in town on business but hope to return soon with my wife.
Staff are friendly and polite. Bitan on reception is especially great!
Go for a suite.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dave A,

We certainly appreciate the great feedback as well as your continued loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon as we will make sure you both have a memorable stay with us.

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was a bit torn on whether to award 3 or 4 stars for The Towers at NY Palace. My wife and I only stayed for one night and it was our first visit to NY, so it's difficult to make a fair comparison - so by all means take this review with a pinch of salt. The other reviwers with more experience of NY are probably better informed.

I suspect this is the 2nd most expensive hotel I've stayed in at my own expense (at nearly $600 a night incl tax without breakfast), behind only the Cipriani in Venice. Because of the significance of this fact, my rating is heavily influenced by value for money even though most other aspects were very good or better. The staff were generally helpful and the room was vast, modern, clean and very well appointed. But, unfortunately, even $600 for a 47th floor in NY does not guarantee expansive views which was the real driver for going a little upmarket We did get a view, but they were just slithers between other tall buildings.

To be fair to the hotel, it seems all NY hotels are outrageously expensive and this was certainly not the most expensive.

The hotel has a nicely appointed gym, but not a pool. The Towers has a separate reception to the main hotel with an express lift to the upper floors - and when we walked in, it offered the promise of something very special. However, when we arrived early in the morning we had held out hope of getting an early check-in given the size and guest turnover at the hotel, and of course the cost. We didn't, so we left our bags at the main concierge and the receptionist said she'd phone as soon as a room was ready. She phoned us at 14.53, 7 minutes before our contractual check in time! When we arrived later, we had to collect our bags from concierge - they hadn't even taken them to our room.

On the positive side, I think it was the largest hotel room I've ever had in a large city, massive walk in wardrobe and large bed dwarfed by the size of room. I'd say it was equivalent to at least 4 typical Parisian hotel rooms - but as this was a short leisure stay, this was probably an unnecessary extravagance. Next time, we'd look at hotels on periphery of central park, as this is the only way to guarantee a view I guess - which was more important to us.

They allowed us to use the hotel to freshen up in the evening after we had checked out and other than the mild annoyance of not getting an early check-in, the staff were very helpful, polite and professional.

This was not a bad hotel, in fact it was a very good one, it's just a question of value for money relative to my own (admittedly European) expectations. If we'd had a memorable room service breakfast, my whole perception about value for money may have been very different.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Conrad_J2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your stay with us last month. I am sorry to hear the views were not up to your expectation, however I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope to welcome you both back to our hotel in the future.

David Chase

Been to The Towers at The New York Palace? Share your experiences!