“Absolutely Fascinating!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Body World

Body World
226 W 44th St, New York City, NY (Midtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #213 of 1,632 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Fascinating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I have seen this exhibit twice now once about 5 years ago when it was showing in London and when I saw it was showing in New York while I was there I wanted to go again and show the family what I had seen. It is an exhibit that cannot be explained it must be seen if you have any Interest in the human body, how we live and how our body works. Unfortunately no photographs are allowed apart from with the horse. However this is a very reasonable compromise as the exhibits are all made from real humans donated to science. The information is very interesting and inspires you to chose a healthier life in order to avoid damaging your body.

Visited August 2014

“superb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I saw body world in London a few years ago and knew I must return. A unique experience that really had an impact on me. I loved reading the quotes and watching the videos.. I bought a book containing all the text in the gift shop afterwards. A must see! Will make you think again about the choices you make in life in regards to diet, stress and exercise.

Visited August 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Anatomy meets Art meets Philosophy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Beautifully constructed preservations of actual bodies, stylized to display the full wonder of the human body from the inside. All with the objective of prompting introspection, reflection on our mortality, and a realization that bodies are fragile instruments that need to be maintained and treated well. This is definitely a unique experience!

Visited July 2014
Valhalla, New York
34 attraction reviews
“UNIQUE EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Unique experience - Body Worlds will educate you while leaving you with plenty to think and talk about. Self donated these "polished cadavers" bring new fascination to the human body. You come across healthy vs unhealthy body parts - how can one ever smoke again? Embryo comparisons - 5 to 7 to 9 weeks. A woman who passed on five months pregnant is displayed with the unborn child - very strong stuff here.

As you pass from one exhibit to the next you are constantly reminded - through video and reading - how important it is - both physically and mentally - to maintain ones body.

Although expensive Groupon voucher will provide substantial savings however exhibit is worth the price regardless.

Visited July 2014
Huntington, WV
3 attraction reviews
“Interesting exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I first saw this exhibit in Milwaukee several years ago during a business trip and always wanted my children to see it. This was the first and main thing my daughter and I wanted to see during our second Mother/Daughter trip to NY. The exhibits are very interesting, but we wish that there were more to see. Also, it would be nice to be able to take a picture of a couple of more exhibits other than the horse.

Visited April 2014