“My Second Dining Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Zie

Le Zie
172 7th Ave, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
212-206-8686
Neighborhood: Chelsea
New York City, New York
“My Second Dining Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This neighborhood destination in the heart of Chelsea offers great Italian fare at reasonable prices. They tout a "best spagetti and meatballs in Manhattan" review and, while meatballs and sauce are very subjective tastes, it comes as close to my Sicilian grandmother's as I've had. They have knowledgeable bartenders and an extensive wine list, and though the main dining area can get a bit loud, there's a very quaint back dining area and a cozy cocktail lounge which offers the entire menu. I've been going there as long as I've lived in the neighborhood and though I often want to branch out and try new places and neighborhoods, I'm always drawn back to Le Zie where I'm sure to get a great meal from a friendly face.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tennessee
“Decent food, really good macaroni”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Who would imagine that the best thing you could get at an italian place would be macaroni and cheese. You definitely need to get macaroni here-- if not as your main dish, get some for the table to share as an appetizer. It's really good. The rest of the food was decent italian food.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Like a trip to Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Sophisticated, casual restaurant and bar scene in Chelsea. Fresh, well prepared local foods in Venetian style. Super chic small bar on 20th Street, leads to romantic back room. Interesting mix of Europeans and downtowners. Very good value wine list and eclectic menu with comfort Italian food, too. Feels like the real thing. A visit is like going on vacation to Italy or maybe San Francisco. Charming manager/owner Claudio oversees all, formerly of Remi in Santa Monica.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Satisfying Italian Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Met my son for lunch and he took me to LE Zie after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. From the outside as we were walking in, there didn't appear to be many diners, so initially I thought maybe our pick was a mistake. Slowly others did arrive, and I relaxed and enjoyed what turned out to be a lovely lunch. The bread was the good chewy kind and there was oil with garlic and olives to dip in. I ordered prosciutto with melon which was delicious. The melon was perfectly sweet against the saltiness of the prosciutto. I would have liked it even more with a balsamic glaze. My son ordered one of the specials, a pork chop on a bed of mashed potatoes. He gave me a taste and it too was delicious, great infused flavor that I believed was a result of a marinade. It was moist and thick, what more can you ask for? My potato gnocchi consisted of tiny soft pillows that melted in my mouth. Wherever I have ordered gnocchi, the sauce is different. Some make the sauce thick and red, others thin and orange. Some make it plain where the gnocchi is the star, others add bits of the freshest of mozzarella. This was a more plain style, with lots of large slices of garlic, and a thin sauce, and tiny bits of basil. I think I've had better, but this was well worth the price and I enjoyed it. The service was very good and attentive. I don't know if I'll go back as there are so many restaurants to try in NYC that I would probably like to visit them all!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ny
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

delicious pastas at reasonable prices. I have been eating here for 10 years and it has always been great.

• Visited June 2012