“A taste of Mexico on the Upper East Side.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cilantro

Cilantro
1712 2nd Avenue, New York City, NY 10028 (Upper East Side)
(212) 722-4242
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
New York City, New York
“A taste of Mexico on the Upper East Side.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Delicious chips and salsa were served. We ordered drinks - a margarita, sangria and Spanish wine. All were a good size. Our main courses were chicken fajitas and chicken stuffed with goat cheese. The waiter was very attentive asking if we needed anything. Portions were very good. The chicken with goat cheese was big. It was served with mashed potatoes and string beans. Everybody agreed the food was very good. The only comment about the fajitas is that they could have been a little hotter. I would recommend this restaurant. Make reservations to ensure a table.

New York City, New York
“Good for delivery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

High quality Mexican food--especially the steak fajitas and burrito. The steak is quite flavorful and cooked to perfection. Ask for their hot salsa as well--it is very good. We have only gotten delivery from this restaurant thus far but hope to make it in one night to see in person. Prices are about average for similar food.

• Visited February 2013
New Canaan
“Great value for Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Although loud, this restaurant had very good Mexican at reasonable prices. The guacamole served in stoneware was delicious, as were the enchiladas. I'd recommend this restaurant for a good meal!

• Visited February 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food and the staff are great. It is a regular visit for me each time I'm in NYC. The staff makes you feel at home and the food is presenetd like the kitchen cares.

Visited December 2012
Luxembourg
“Great value - super food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

My daughter discovered this place and suggested we try it - and we are glad we did. They supply a bowl of crispy nibbles whilst you make your choice - deep fried plantain strips (and a few other things I can't name) with freshly made salsa (the best I have ever tasted!) - this dish was so good we devoured it swiftly, and asked for another - wonderful...

I took the marinated Mexican style steak - which came with chips, the thin string style which are not to my personal liking, but they tasted OK - the steak was succulent and tasty - the marinade gave it a flavour that really added to the delight of the meal. We had a variety of other dishes, non of which I can name - but all were excellent! The frozen strawberry marguerita's were so good - we repeated the experience three times.

The atmosphere was warm and the service brisk and friendly.

If you are in New York - try this place - it's good - very good. We'll be back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food