“Food ok / Service terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Henry's

Henry's
2745 Broadway, New York City, NY 10025-2803 (Upper West Side)
+1 212-866-0600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Henry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,880 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 105th Street (NW Corner)
Transit: The West Side IRT (#'s 1 & 9 trains) stop at 103rd and 110th Streets. HENRY's is a three minute walk from the 103rd Street stop and a five minute walk from the 110th Street stop. The M104, the M116 and the famous LaGuardia Airport bus, the M60 stop at 106th and Broadway putting you right on our block.
Description: HENRY's is a Modern American Bistro located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We are a large and exciting family restaurant and bar with Broadway's largest sidewalk cafe. Our Dining Room and Bar are designed after Arts & Crafts masterpiece, the Gamble House, with stunning mahogany wainscoting and French doors looking out over the busiest street in the world. The walls are filled with bright, food-themed poster art from the Herman Miller Company's "Summer Picnic" series. HENRY's is the restaurant that one of New York City's greatest neighborhoods deserves. We serve an extensive menu of contemporary American bistro food for Lunch, Brunch, Dinner and Late Kitchen. Our burgers are tough to beat. Our bar offers an All-American wine program based on the discovery of delicious wines at great prices, an exciting cocktails, bottled beer on ice and fresh craft beers poured from the cleanest beer lines in town!
“Food ok / Service terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had lunch (two couples) on Saturday 11/3/2012. The food was pretty good, sandwiches, burgers and salads. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say about a 7. The service, however was ridiculous. Our waiter was inept and seemed to be avoiding us. He was very concentrated on filling his next empty table while ignoring his customers already seated. Many other patrons were frustrated as well. The thing that really ticked me off was when we finally got the bill, we waited 20 minutes for our change(I am NOT exaggerating ) Then... the change was short by $10. Coincidence ?? Anyway, there are many, many good places in the area. I wouldn't recommend Henry's. I hope this is helpful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Henry's american fare on upper Boradway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Henry's was terrible when it opened years ago. There is a relatively new chef (saw him on Chopped) and the food has improved tremendously. Good if great food at good prices

Visited July 2012
Pennsylvania
“Brunch and conversation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Finding a good place to eat with friends that is quiet enough for conversation is a challenge, but Henry's offers this setting. The tables are far enough apart to allow easy conversation without shouting. The food is good and the staff is efficient and friendly.

I had brunch with friends and had the gazpacho soup and a grilled vegetable sandwich. The food was good, the price was reasonable, and the ambiance was perfect.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arundel, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We ate here on our final evening in NYC. Plenty of room on a Saturday evening, we ate outside and people watched. My risotto was yummy and husbands lamb very tender. We couldn't eat any more as we had eaten far too much during our US holiday.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Best Dessert Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

On our last night in NYC, my niece and I decided to stop here for a late night dessert before heading to our hotel in this neighborhood. She had the apple pie a la mode and I had the banana & chocolate bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream. She loved her apple pie, but I must say that the bread pudding was perhaps the best dessert that I have ever had. I am usually an ice cream person when it comes to dessert, but I do love banana Nutella crepes, and this sounded a bit like that, so I gave it a try after hearing from our waitress that it was her favorite on the menu. I would highly recommend it.

The restaurant itself had a nice ambiance and the staff was friendly. It was a nice place to end the day with something sweet!

• Visited May 2012