“Excellent Italian Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pisticci Restaurant

Pisticci Restaurant
125 La Salle St, New York City, NY 10027 (Manhattan)
(212) 932-3500
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Excellent Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We picked Pisticci to celebrate my daughter's 30th Birthday and were not disappointed! The staff went out of there way to make my daughter feel special! Pam the manager and Kara our waitress were very helpful in making recommendations on the food and wine. Everything was fresh delicious and affordable. The atmosphere was very lively. We will definetly go back!

• Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“Best Italian in UWS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Every time I crave for Italian food, I return to Pisticci. Every time I have visitors coming to NYC, I take them to PisticcI! I love the restaurant decor, service and food! The desserts are amazing. Any of the specials (salad, pastas) are all yummy! Brunch menu is great also.

• Visited July 2012
Edmond
“Excellent UWS dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Pisticci is a truly outstanding restaurant located nearby Columbia University. It is situated quaintly and a little off the beaten path. The food is creative and inventive and absolutely delicious. The menu is varied, even more so by the large variety of daily specials. Everything is lovingly and freshly prepared. The service we have experienced over several trips is friendly, helpful and excellent. They have a very nice wine list that should satisfy most all palettes as well. The setting is very cozy and fun, but it can get very very crowded at times, so be sure and book ahead or go early. You will not regret a trip here. A true gem...

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A little off the usual path...and so worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We found this little restaurant on one of our urban hikes in the city. We weren't familiar with the area at all and when we stumbled upon it, we made a note to come back later. We are extremely glad we did! Pisticci offers a great atmosphere and delicious Italian fare at a reasonable price. Within a week we enjoyed both dinner and brunch there. The orecchiette with broccoli rabe and salmon dishes were scrumptious, as well as the roasted garlic bread. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the lemon curd that came with the ricotta pancakes at brunch (tasted more like lemon extract flavored than actual real lemon) - though the pancakes themselves were very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“I would come back here again and again and I don't even enjoy Italian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I don't enjoy much Italian food. I find that in Australia, most Italian dishes are either swimming in cream or doused in some tomato sauce or tossed with olive oil and a handful of something.

Pisticci was a delight. We went there in a recommendation & I am so glad we did becausethe food was YUM! In an earlier review of a different cafe, I had said that I had had the best scones of my life. Now I have had the best pasta dish. NYC is spoiling me. I had the lamb ragu pasta and that was simply delicious. We also had the goats cheese topped garlic bread and, honestly, I could have done without the goats cheese because the garlic bread itself was superb.

I had the tiramisu for dessert, my husband had the soup bowl sized affogato and our friend tried out the sorbet. We were all happy (I could have done with a lot less cream in the tiramisu, though).

The service we got from Alex and Pamela was great and we were seated quickly even though we showed up at 8PM on a Saturday night. The atmosphere was really pleasant. Great food, great wine, great atmosphere. Definitely worth the subway ride out!