“The worst restaurant in NYC” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.

Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
23 Vanderbilt Avenue, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)
(212) 655-2300
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,401 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 43nd Street
Transit: 4,5,6,7 & S Train to Grand Central.
Description: Location: Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C. is located in the North and West balconies of Grand Central Terminal at 23 Vanderbilt Avenue at 44th Street in Manhattan. Seating: Main dining room: 160Bar Area: 60 people at the barLounge Area: 32 Private Dining Rooms: Michael’s Room: 7Parlor Room: 12Wine Salon: communal table seats 20Semi-Private area: 30 Cuisine: Steakhouse Design: The design harkens back to the glory days of luxury train travel, yet incorporates distinct elements of a traditional steakhouse.
“The worst restaurant in NYC”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

It is the most expensive restaurant with the most horrible meal in NYC. On 05.09.2014 we paid $250 for 3 non chewable raw steaks, although we ordered all of them to be well-done. I would not advise anyone to go to that restaurant, because not only will you be robbed off of your money but also won't get the food you expect to get. It's NYC, get another restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Food was ok but overpriced in general. The service staff was a bit pushy. The staff repeatedly questioned about our orders and why one of my colleagues ordered appetizer only and no main course. I suppose there's not much he can do because she was on a diet.

Nonetheless, we still gave him his rightful tip. Overall, a good dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
NY
“NO SLAM DUNK BUT GOOD!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Where is the Kitchen??Salmon was over cooked and servings were very small..Service was good but I didn't like receiving my check before receiving my meal..I didn't even bother to ask about dessert..Drinks were ok.. I think this could be a much better restaurant if it wasn't located inside GCT..

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location, Amazing Food, Great Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We visited here in October for my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary. I emailed them in advance and asked for a table view so we had one overlooking the main concourse - it was perfect. Three of us had Filet Mignon and we all thought it was one of the best steaks we had ever eaten and one person had Salmon which was also really tasty. I then ordered a chocolate brownie for dessert and it arrived with a candle on and a "Happy Anniversary" message for my parents. We hadn't asked for this but felt it was a really nice touch. We were in a rush as were going to the theatre and found the service to be friendly and efficient. The icing on the cake is when as we were leaving the hostess wished my parents a happy anniversary. These were all only small touches but made them feel special and was the perfect start to our evening. Would definitely visit this restaurant again should I ever return to New York.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great setting but disappointing overall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a reservation at 5.30pm on a Friday and when we arrived were the only ones in the restaurant. At 7pm we were told they had re-booked the table for 7pm and we were asked (politely) to hurry up and leave. We were just leaving anyway but it was pretty rude and unnecessary, especially as the restaurant still only had a handful of tables in it. I don't mind places turning tables but would expect to be informed upfront. That left us with a pretty bad impression and the rest of the experience was pretty average. Food was ok and service was also ok, if not a touch pushy at times. It is very over-priced for what it is though. This was one of our most expensive meals in New York and it really didn't justify it. The setting is great but next time I'd grab a drink and eat elsewhere or try the Italian on the other side.

• 3 of 5 stars Food