“Best doughnuts I've ever had.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doughnut Plant

Doughnut Plant
379 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
(212) 505-3700
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Dessert
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best doughnuts I've ever had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As the title of this review suggests, these doughnuts were the bomb! My husband and I tried three different ones: the PB&J, the Creme Brulée and Vanilla Bean & Strawberry Jam and all of them were incredible.
It was $9.75 for three doughnuts which sounds expensive but the taste was exceptionally good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, Canada
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Found this one and we were super excited to try it....nothing special with one exception the creme brûlée doughnut was quite good. Was craving a raspberry filled but none were offered. The pistachio doughnut everyone raved about was meh.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Doughnut-ing at Doughnut Plant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

#1 Creme brulee:
At first, I was amazed by the hard sugar coating on top of the doughnut. It looked like a real creme brulee. But then when I ate it, it was too sweet and I can feel the "burnt" taste. The inside is filled with this cream that I don't think was that good at all.

#2: Tres Leches:
Tres leche's size is bigger than creme brulee! Hooray! But sadly, I have to say, I am also disappointed by this doughnut as well. I expected that there would be soft, smooth milk oozing from the inside, but no that did not happen! The doughnut was also a bit dry.

Read the rest of the review at www.thetwotales.com

Visited March 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I made of list of must trys on our trip & I'm so glad we made the effort to try Donut Plant. I don't even like donuts and I've been craving the Pistachio & Creme Brule ever since I tried it. I recommed the yeast, not cake donuts.

Brooklyn, New York
“Best. Doughnuts. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Get ready to get your mind blown. These are sinfully delicious, melt-in-your-mouth, doughnuts. My favorites include tres leches, peanut butter & blackberry jam, pistachio and valrhona chocolate.

Weekend mornings are the busiest with long lines out the door. Get there before 9am or afternoon for the quickest service. Cash is preferred.

Visited November 2012