“A Modern Setting with Beautiful People” 4 of 5 stars
Review of cafeteria

cafeteria
., New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
212-414-1717
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
cafeteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,548 of 11,599 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner, Californian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 17th and 18th Streets
Transit: 1 train to 18th Street, and A, C, E, F, L, 2 & 3 trains to 14th Street
Description: CAFETERIA offer's a nostalgically familiar, yet cutting edge twist on American comfort cuisine. With our expertise in food, fashion and music, we assure that all of your senses will be satisfied! We invite you to experience our famous signature dishes like the Meatloaf, Fried Chicken and Waffles, our world renowned Mac and Cheese, Mac Attack, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and more. Our hand crafted seasonal and organic cocktails are second to none; including everything from the Aloe Citrus Martini, to carafes of Cactus Pear Champagne Mojitos. Open for you around the clock, CAFETERIA is where anyone and everyone flock for Breakfast served until 5 PM, decadent Brunches, Blue Plate Specials, addictive Desserts and Late Night cravings. The outdoor cafe is a must in the warmer months and our Lounge is the perfect setting for any event. Join us for a taste of affordable luxury that can be enjoyed with family and friends.
Santa Monica, California, United States
“A Modern Setting with Beautiful People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Cafeteria is a great place for New Yorkers or tourists that are interested in the New York City pop culture trendy scene. The food is very tasty and fresh. I have gone here many times over the years and it is very popular on certain days and can take forever to get a table. Waiters and waitresses are busy trying to serve everyone, I found them to be very attentive. It is a great place for brunch on the weekends but get there early. Seventh Avenue is changing and Cafeteria was one of the early places to add some class. I had the Country Flatbread, Build Your Own Omelete (of course experimented with flavors), and loved the sandwiches and salads...yum. You will find the late night menu is not that different from what they serve during the day.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Anne Hathaway of restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Cafeteria oozes pretentiousness. The waiters, mostly male, barely weighing in at 100 lbs., look like they're all aspiring models. The clientele are all equally trendy, which made me feel slightly self conscious as I trapse in there in my laid back jeans and hoody look.

So annoying and pretentious but you'll probably still go back and enjoy the food because it's that good.

Saturday evening was more crowded than I've experienced in the past. We were forced to wait about half an hour for a table and I think we only got one at that point because we had inquired a few times when there had been open tables. The bar is nice but when it starts to fill up, it gets a little too close for comfort. In typical NY fashion, you can't expect the bartenders there to be all that friendly or engaging, which made the half hour wait more weird.

When we finally sat down, I overindulged on the biscuits with honey butter that they gave us and wasn't able to fully enjoy my "small" wedge salad. We also got the Mac Attack trio with two servings of the regular and one truffle oil macaroni and cheese. The regular is definitely the best but the truffle oil is an interesting one to try. Also, we had the parmesan truffle fries, which are really worth the carbs. I've never tried the chicken and waffles but every time I come here, I drool over them.

Be sure to wear your hippest gear when you visit Cafeteria and act like you've been there before and had better.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Social Restaurant, Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok so the restaurant is pretty popular (it appeared on many episodes of Sex and the City) so me and my roommate had to wait about 30 mins for a table. If you prefer eating somewhere with less noise this is not the place (on a weekend night). The restaurant is roughly small so it can get pretty loud on busy days. The 1st time I ate here I had the famous chicken and waffles which were very god. I ate here last Friday it was my second time dinning here. I had the fried chicken salad with chipotle sauce and buttermilk ranch. This salad was so filling and good. My friend had the salmon sandwich and fries and too many drinks to name. Overall I give this restaurant 4stars. great food and great environment if you are the social type. I would notrecommend it for a family setting though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very cool and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great breakfast/brunch place, silver pancakes were plentiful and tasty.
Staff are really nice and the service is quick

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Fun and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was delicious and ample. The seared pepper tuna appetizer was filling and tantalizing.I wasn't really hungry for the main course afterward--tallegio stuffed chicken. But the chicken was so yummy I ate it all. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited March 2013