“Favorite brunch in NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rue 57

Rue 57
60 W 57th St, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
(212) 307-5656
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rue 57 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,084 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Rue 57 is a French American Brasserie with a sushi bar located in Midtown Manhattan just blocks away from Central Park. We open for breakfast daily at 7:30AM and 9AM on the weekends. Join us after a day of shopping, or on your way to the theater at night. Our menu includes such favorites as the Brasserie Benedict, Brioche French Toast, our Classic Steak Frites, the delicious Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass. Our bar offers specialty cocktails, wine list and tasty draft and bottle beers. You can also sit and enjoy our succulent Sushi. We look forward to serving you!
Boston
“Favorite brunch in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

When we visit New York we always come here for a delicious brunch. We especially enjoy the French toast with marscapone cheese. Also the Chilean sea bass for dinner or brunch is outstanding.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“something's missing here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I like this restaurant, the food was good every time I went, but there is something off, I can't really put my finger on it... It feels like they really don't go out of their way for you, only doing the minimum. Which is good, but - as I said - it lacks something. And it's more on the side of service and attitude than food wise, which kind of spoils the experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Iowa City, Iowa
“My Favorite "Return-to" Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love this place and always make time for at least one meal there whenever I visit NYC. Breakfast is my favorite time to go. The staff are curteous; the food is great; and the setting is comfortable. A nice selection of reading materials is provided with makes dining alone there feel more accepted. Prices seemed very concordant with the type of establishment that it is. It's nice to sit near an open window when the weather permits. It remains a destination for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We walked right in and had a table immediately for dinner. Prices were above normal for us but we expected it. Food was good and service was excellent. Nice atmosphere!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City, MO
“A bit stuffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The décor was very nice and the menu had a nice selection. We found the staff to be a little haughty, especially when we asked for separate checks. After several times being told that it could be done but she would have to ask the manager, telling us it would take extra time, etc. We got the idea that she didn't want to do it, but at that point we didn't care. The iced tea was good, but when she asked if we wanted refills I asked if it was an extra charge. She acted offended that I would ask, and then when she said it would cost another $3.75 I declined a refill. At that point, our service went downhill. Also, the front desk staff was more interested in flirting with and entertaining each other than they were in helping people. Food was okay, but I wouldn't go here again.

Visited May 2013