“Fun and reasonable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eatery

Eatery
798 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10019-5639 (Midtown)
(212) 765-7080
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,387 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 53rd Street
Transit: The 1 & 9 A,C,B,D at 59Th St and 8th Ave. The C,E at 50Th street and 8th Ave.
lexington, ma
“Fun and reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

mid town west, not too far from Times Squ. - fun atmosphere, delicious food with a great breadth of offerings. We went with a large family group and everyone found something they wanted and everyone was thrilled with the food. Delicious and the most reasonably priced meal we ate all week. we'll be back.

Visited February 2013

Albany, New York, United States
“Perfect for last minute brunch option.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a good place for brunch. We went with 6 people. The cocktails range between 8-15 depending on what you want the brunch ranges from 8.95 - 15.00. Wife had the frittata with chorizo. Nothing special, tasted good. I had the triple decker. Scramble eggs with cheese with sausage comes with fries. Tastes good for price. Overall a good place to enjoy brunch. Very accommodating with table. The drinks were good and the staff was attentative with coffee refills and water refills. Located on 53rd on 9th ave.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Bug on the Table”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food was ok, service was fair but unfriendly, restaurant is dirty.

In the middle of dinner a bug crawled onto the table, and I snagged it under a glass. I told the waitress and she came back kinda laughing it off. I asked if she told the manager and she said she did. I asked why the manager didnt come over and she said she would get him although I had to ask again for the manager because he never did.

When the manager came over there was expressed confusion because he said he wasnt told about the bug, then the waitress said she told the other manager. He questioned whether there was really a bug but believed me when i turned over the glass. He asked what I wanted and i explained that i just wanted the maagement to be as concerned as i was about this cleanliness issue and it seemed they were not - neither manager.

He offered us one (1) desert to make up for this which i refused, then one (1) after dinner drink, which I also wasnt interested in. There were three of us there. On the way out, the manager handed me a business card which offered me a free drink next time I come there - they never offered the other two people I was with anything nor did they ever apologize to anyone. I cant imagine why I would ever go back after this event, certainly not for 1 drink !!

We were all "sceeved" out by this crawly bug and wondered about the kitchen and what was crawling around in there ???

We were all upset by the lack of concern by the 2 managers over this incident. It seemed more like a joke to them. Id think of myself as buggy to ever go back to the Eatery !!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Almonte, Canada
“A great restaurant that is not TGI Friday's near Times Square.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

OK, this is a good place to go for decent modern food at fair prices. It is upscale enough that you could bring a business dinner or date to the place and at the same time casual enough that you could just eat with friends here for dinner in jeans and a t-shirt.

The place is always busy, but the service is fast and the tables turn over regularly. For food near times square (where most people have to go when visiting NYC) this is right near the top of the list. So avoid TGI friday's and walk a little bit farther out.. you will be better fed, and for comparable if not less money.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy the Pork chop, though all food is good here. My friend swears by the chipolte spiked meatloaf, for both taste and price. I also recommend the hummus starter, with warm naan bread and the pomegranate glaze. A great spin on hummus.

They also do a great salmon (when it is the special)...

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Busy on a Friday night but still able to hear table mates and service was top notch. Just had appetizers which were good and different. Wine list reasonable. Young crowd.