“GREAT FOOD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Union Square Cafe

Union Square Cafe
21 East 16th St., New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)
(212) 243-4020
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Square Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 5th Ave. and Union Square W.
Transit: Take the 4, 5, 6, N, R or L subway trains to the 14th Street/Union Square stop.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“GREAT FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good food, but a bit overpriced. this resturant was reccomended to us and we were advised to make an advance booking which is reccomended.

The vibe in the resturant is excellant, and the qulaity of food is good. Service was a bit slow, but the resturant was packed. It was a bit pricey,but the food was definitly worth it

Visited December 2012

“Always worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have been to this restaurant twice in two different trips. Everything about this restaurant is good. Service is exceptional. Food is good. Each time we go there we see a different menu. And each time we're never disappointed. Definitely recommendable to anybody visiting the Union Square area.

• Visited May 2013
Pooler, Georgia
“The Gnocchi is a Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We get to NYC city about three or four times a year and never miss a trip without having a meal at the Union Square Café. In our opinion it one of the best eateries in NYC. My wife and I shared a couple of Washington State and Rhode Island oysters to start, which were good but small, and frankly can’t compete with Gulf Coast oysters. This time I ordered the Halibut and my wife ordered the Fluke. I am a gnocchi lover, and will order it almost every time I see it on the menu, and this time was no exception. I ordered a small plate for my wife and I to share. Most often gnocchi is prepared with potatoes, but the chef here prepares gnocchi using ricotta cheese, something my mother used to make and my wife now makes. The result of which makes it a very light pasta, that is so light that it is incredible that it doesn’t fall apart in the water when boiled. The chef has won many awards for this treat and the recipe remains a secret. If you elect to try the Union Square Café, no matter what your choice of entrée, don’t miss the opportunity to share some of the gnocchi. You won’t be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, US
“A Truly First Class Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were treated to an exceptional lunch matched with outstanding service at Union Square Cafe on June 2nd. Unknown to the staff until after we were seated, we were shown to one of the best tables in the house where we celebrated our anniversary.

The presentation of the food, as well as the taste of it, was superb. My husband ordered the French Toast, while I selected the Grilled Halibut. To our great delight and never expecting it, the chef wrote 'Happy Anniversary' around the edge of the dessert plate which hosted the Banana Pretzel Tart.

We highly recommend Union Square Cafe whenever your travels take you to New York City. It's simply the Best.

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Dinning at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

One of the best. Restaurants in New York everything is fresh and the service could not be better.I entertain people from all over the world and this is always a place they enjoy.Always packed so make sure to call in advance

• Visited May 2013