“Great seafood place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Water Grill

Blue Water Grill
31 Union Square West @ 16th Street, New York City, NY 10003 (Flatiron District)
(212) 675-9500
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Water Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #625 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: L, 4, 5, 6, N, R, Q & W trains to Union Square/14th Street. M14, M1, M2, M3, M6 & M7 buses to Union Square/14th Street.
Description: Blue Water Grill's Jazz Room is located on the lower level room of the popular Union Square seafood and sushi restaurant, Blue Water Grill. Dine in the Jazz Room for live music nightly beginning at 6pm. The full Blue Water Grill dinner menu is available in the Jazz Room, and the private room is available for events of up to 125 guests. Blue Water Grill's menu highlights the freshest seafood daily, with innovative offerings at the sushi bar and coming out of the kitchen. Blue Water Grill is also known for Sunday Brunch overlooking the Union Square Park Farmer's Market.
New York, New York, United States
“Great seafood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This palce is nice they play great live music downstairs and it is listed in the top 50 restaurants in NYC. Good seafood just try once its not like youll have to go back over and over. one of many good ones in my opinion.

Connecticut
“Disappointing service, didn't mention our anniversary :(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We were here last night for our 1-year anniversary, so needless to say I had chosen the restaurant carefully and we were hoping for a very special night. The food and the atmosphere were great (we sat outside with a nice view of Union Square), but unfortunately we were disappointed with the service. First, our waitor didn't introduce himself by name, but he was slim with a brown beard and he worked the front of the patio on Sat 6-15-13. He brought my husband the wrong kind of martini, which we sent back (dry means olives, never a lemon twist) and he forgot to take it off the bill at the end. We also asked if he could take a picture of us when he had a moment, he said sure, but we waited and waited and finally had to ask the girls sitting behind us. He saw them take the photo but never mentioned it or apologized for "forgetting" (I think he just didn't want to do it.) I was really, really annoyed by that and thought it was rude. He was pretty cold and inattentive throughout the service-- rushed around busily ( making us feel like an inconvenience), didnt check to make sure I liked my wine, let our table get crowded with things that needed to be cleared... But worst of all, I had expected them to do a little something for us at dessert time since I had mentioned when making the reservation that it was our 1st wedding anniversary, but nothing! I felt awful when my husband told me at the end of the night that he wouldn't want to return here. It's true, though, we expected better treatment and we can easily go elsewhere to get it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Terrific meal, good value, nice ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I found ourselves in the Union Square area and found the place searching for seafood on Yelp. We had no reservation on a Saturday night but luckily we were able to get a street side table. We were looking for someplace nice but not stuffy, with great tasting food that was creative but not too far out. This place was exactly what we were looking for. In this city is not a classic big night out or power dinner type of place but in many cities it would be. The feel is more one of those places that if we lived here we would likely dine at regularly when looking for a nice evening with friends or family.

I had delicious sushi and a blackened swordfish with sweet potatoes. My daughter had a pesto chicken entree and a beet salad. Nice portion sizes. Service was friendly and prompt. Overall I came away feeling like I got a great value.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful Food Presentation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The copper river salmon was a nice choice, and the crab and corn cold soup was good also. The veggies that accompanied the salmon were not the usual, and they were done very well to complement the dish. The woman I was taking to dinner for business also enjoyed her salmon.

Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Beautiful location, elegant interior, high ceilings, grand bar, great service! Blue Water Grill was recommended by another restaurant whose kitchen had closed after brunch and I was not disappointed at all, very appreciative of the recommendation and will go back again.

• Visited May 2013