“Great stop for a drink” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Salt
58 MacDougal St, New York City, NY 10012-2920 (SoHo)
(212) 674-4968
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: houston and prince streets
Transit: 1,9 trains to Varick and West Houston, or A,C,E,F,V to West 4th Street.
Bristow, Virginia
“Great stop for a drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Nice spot to stop by for a post-Katz's deli drink. A friend living nearby took my wife and I out and we sat at the bar and had a few drinks. The Bartender was very nice and made some interesting cocktails. I didn't try the food but the few dishes I did see go by looked and smelled great. LIked the small bar atmosphere

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Cozy local and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I return whenever I am in the city. It makes me feel like a local. Any friends I have taken there also return.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Stop into this cozy little gem for local, seasonal, creative dishes and friendly service. The light fruity flavors of...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stop into this cozy little gem for local, seasonal, creative dishes and friendly service. The light fruity flavors of summer came through in every appetizer, and pair well with their great wine selection. Try the pork loin or cod, cooked to perfection, the mussels were tasty too!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Philadelphia, PA
“Salt for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I took my son to Salt for his birthday as he really enjoys interesting restaurants. Salt is small and has communal seating with long white tables that seat ~ 12-14 people; fine for breakfast, but not a place for a romantic date.

Their homemade hot chocolate is awesome and was perfect for a chilly day. The food was fresh and inventive. I had Salt Cod Hash, which was unique to me and my son had the Hanger Steak and Eggs - while not truly inventive, it was excellent and he loved it.

Service was reasonably efficient though indifferent, but is anyplace in NYC welcoming and friendly??? I did glance at their dinner menu and it looked really interesting. We did enjoy Salt, but with so many places to eat in NYC, it would be difficult to say I will go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Dependable and always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Our second time to Salt and it was very good, again. Wine list is solid and is packed with good values. Meal was wonderful and atmosphere is brisk and urban. Go, but don't tell anyone.