“Food, Service and Presentation, have their price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daniel

Daniel
60 E. 65th St., New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)
(212) 288-0033
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Description: Experience The Lounge at DANIEL, another side of Chef Daniel Boulud’s renowned Manhattan restaurant. Equally as distinctive as the main dining room, The Lounge offers the same service and cuisine as our main dining room. Complete prix-fixe and tasting menus are available, along with à la carte options not available in our dining room. Savor an imitable fine dining experience or drop in for an appetizer, cocktail, or a late night dessert with Champagne.
Miami, Florida
“Food, Service and Presentation, have their price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

In New York for my anniversary and we hadn't planned on anything too fancy.. getting out of town was sufficient, or so we initially thought. I ask the concierge if he can find us anything and he looks at me like, its 3pm on a Saturday and you want reservations at a place you need to call in advance, and replies we can check. I had heard about Daniel and am a fan of the chef so we tried and sure enough there was a table available, knowing this isn't the norm we took it, after all it was meant to be.

We each ordered the Fixed price option and my wife had a glass of wine while I tried one of the non-alcohol specialty drinks, Palombaggia (or so it says on the bill). The wine paired great with the food my wife had ordered and I was in heaven with this drink.

The food was good, the atmosphere was elegant, the service was top notch and the experience was unforgettable.

I could not have asked for a more unforgettable experience for an unforgettable celebration. We were given a tour of the kitchen prior to picking up our jackets and walking out.

My wife wants it to become a routine.... I'm now working overtime.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've never tasted food like this in my life.The whole evening was absolutely perfect. We got there about half 5 and had a cocktail in the bar area. The cocktails were delicious. I can't rememer what mine was called but it was strong and tasty. Our head waiter was a young french lad, probably around my age (30) and he was brilliant. He knew could tell it was a special occasion for us so asked what we were celebrating so told him that we had got engaged that morning and that we were in NY to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday (both true btw). He offered his congratulations and talked us through how the evening would work. The gf had a white cosmopolitan which had a huge ball of ice in it containing orchid petals. We chose the three course fixed price menu. i had longustines with blood orange salad followed but duo of beef then the chocholate fondant. She had venison and fois gras pate followed buy veal 3 ways then some lemon and chocolate thing. We were also presented with an amuse bouche of a trio of beet followed by a carrot emulsification with a prawn. There were 3 rounds of bread, chocolates, warm little cakey things plus an extra free dessert for our engagement with Congratulations piped onto it. She also had happy birthday piped onto her dessert.
We had a lovely bottle of Pinot Noir and a glass of dessert wine each. I'm not exagerating when i say that every single bite and sip was out of this world! I've never experienced food like it and probably never will again. The food, the drink, the service. It was all exceptional. We were made to feel so welcome and it couldn't have been a better way to celebrate such a special day. I'm sad that i can't remember our waiters name to mention him by it but he also recommended a great cocktail bar for a few after dinner drinks.

Just incredible!!

Visited February 2014
East Hampton
“A bit over the top & garishly decorated. Very good food & service, but you pay for it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Nice spot for a special occasion, or business dinner, but not for an intimate/romantic dinner - too much of an open, theatre like setting.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“IT'S ALL BEEN SAID”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Did the 8 course tasting menu. partner did the one geared toward fish, and i did the meat. Wonderful presentation and the array of flavors were amazing. Service was probably the best ever, and the waiters and sommoliers were always there. We chatted with them and they made us feel welcome. The only issue I had was we did the wine pairing with the menu ($240 for both) and were not thrilled with the quality of the wines. I saw them on the menu and they were the lower end (one was the cheapest). I also stated that we do not like Pinot Noirs and they brought one you could see right through. I reiterated my dislike and they were happy (and prompt) to bring me a Nero D'avola which was much better. The cheese course towards the end was fabulous with the port. It turned into a 4 hour experience, worth the grand it cost for two of us. BTW, need to call when reservations first open up which is 30 days prior. they book up quickly

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mandeville, LA
“One of the Best in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Daniel is simply a MUST if you are a foodie and are visiting NYC. The creativity of presentation, food combinations, and extraordinary service is why this restaurant remains at the upper echelon of eateries.

The sommelier was extremely knowledgeable as expected and did not disappoint with his recommendation. We chose the 3-course menu but I am certain I received at least 6 as the complimentary samplings were as exquisite as the choices we made. The decor is beautiful and immaculate; even museum like in some ways.

The overall service is top-notch. After bringing a food allergy to their attention which did not phase them, thoughtful recommendations were provided as well as several adaptations of the choices on the menu.

Maitre D'Hotel Yannick deserves special recognition. We dined quite early and our show after dinner was cancelled due to weather. Yannick spent quite a bit of time providing unique places to have drinks and take in the scenes. We took his advice and enjoyed a couple of really cool venues.

If you are in NYC for a short trip and must choose between Daniel and Le Bernardin, both are wonderful, but Daniel gets the nod!

• Visited February 2014