“Great food rushed through it !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daniel

Daniel
60 E. 65th St., New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)
(212) 288-0033
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Description: Experience The Lounge at DANIEL, another side of Chef Daniel Boulud’s renowned Manhattan restaurant. Equally as distinctive as the main dining room, The Lounge offers the same service and cuisine as our main dining room. Complete prix-fixe and tasting menus are available, along with à la carte options not available in our dining room. Savor an imitable fine dining experience or drop in for an appetizer, cocktail, or a late night dessert with Champagne.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food rushed through it !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

A very special occasion deserves a very special culinary experience , we did have a wonderful meal at Daniels but the whole evening was sadly rushed. We sat down to a wonderful starter, we hadn't even had the last bite and the waiters appeared at our table with our second course ! I'm not a connoisseur but even I know there should be at least ten minutes between starter and main course. I know I should've said something but the whole evening would have been spoiled. To add to the strange experience I had one waiter who kept leaning into me talking in my face with the worst halitosis imaginable ! That I must admit made me feel sick. Ok so the bill was well over 400 dollars for the two of us . Just by chance Daniel was there that evening and I did approach him and told him that the food was wonderful but we were disappointed by the speed eating experience......yes you got it...he just made excuses that New Yorkers want to eat and go ! Ok so that wasn't the answer we had hoped for, perhaps I'm sorry would been a better comment. So my advice is if you do go tell the waiter before you have your starter that you need a ten minute break before your main dish .

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening, great veggie tasting menu too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited on Thursday 2nd January 2014 and had an early table at 6pm. The restaurant is beautiful and spacious. The staff were friendly and attentive but not OTT. We had tasting menus and i had a veggie tasting. Both menus were excellent and neither of us had any complaints about the food. We did ask for the service to be slowed down a bit which was not a problem.
The wine list was super expensive but we found a gem of a red wine called Branaire Ducru 2004 for $140... We have visited this winery so new it was good, so a real find amongst a very expensive wine list..
The staff organised a visit to the kitchen for us afterwards and we met the chef. It wasn't Daniel as he was fussing over a visiting French chef who was dining in the restaurant, but he clearly has his eye on the ball as the food and service was faultless, we would love to be lucky enough to be going back again next time we are in New York.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York, USA
“Best Restaurant In America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Daniel is by far the best restaurant in America. This is simply because the quality of the food, presentation, service is like nothing else. If you want to be blown away please try Daniel. If you go on a Saturday night you may even find Daniel himself walking around the restaurant greeting the patrons.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to NYC for a lovely holiday and were fortunate enough to visit Daniel. The food was out of this world, delicious would be an under statement. The service was lovely, very attentive. The decor and atmosphere was beautiful. I can quite honestly say it was both mine and my boyfriend's best meal we have ever had. We highly, highly recommend.

Thank you!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colombia
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

As all of Daniel's restaurants. This is great place. For me this is The first you may go. Delicious, nice, great menu. Wonderful!!