“We were treated like Queens!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victor's Cafe

Victor's Cafe
236 West 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
+1 212-586-7714
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish, Tapas, Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd St. between Broadway & 8th Ave
Transit: Stops E train to 7 Ave, #1 train to 50th Street, N R Q to 49th Street
Description: Since 1963, Victor’s Cafe, a family-run New York City landmark, continues to be a culinary voyage to Cuba offering an incomparable experience with its harmony of authentic cuisine, hospitality and stylish environment. Victor’s has the unique distinction of being both luxurious and casual, serene and high energy, family oriented and romantic, exotic yet familiar. The cuisine at Victor’s includes the most delicious, authentic dishes combined with the restaurant’s exclusive creations that represent the evolution of Cuban cuisine. Signature dishes include Victor’s famous black bean soup, shredded beef (“Ropa Vieja”), and roast suckling pig (“Lechon”). The restaurant itself is divided into three spacious dining rooms, accented with warm lighting, colorful Cuban art, tropical ceiling fans, and lofty sky-lit ceilings. The restaurant's Cuba Lounge is intimate and warm, featuring a tapas menu and a variety of traditional Cuban cocktails such as Mojitos and Sangria.
San Clemente, California
“We were treated like Queens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Thank you to everyone at this amazing restaurant! You made our Theater night special for three generations. I dined here last Friday night with my daughter in law and 10 year old grand daughter. We arrived just a little late because the President was in town and many streets were closed, our table was waiting for us. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing and the drinks over the top beautiful and yummy! Love the decor as well. The memory I have seeing my grand daughter being treated like a Princess is the best ever!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
“Great place to go before a show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We love Victor's! It's a great alternative to the chain restaurants available near the theater district. Both my husband's steak and my rope vieja were very good. What makes them stand out is that the service is exemplary. We also loved the tres leches. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
seattle
“Ok, best part was the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Maybe I should have ordered the suckling pig, but I thought I'd sleep through the play to follow. The location in the theatre district is wonderfully convenient. I visited alone for early dinner, service was moderately attentive, food nothing special for this class of restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Victor's Cafe was a fabulous find and we will be back the next time we visit the City. I had the suckling pig and my fiance had the Ropa Vieja. Both were excellent as were the yuca fries and tostones...very authentic. The flavors were subtle and everything was freshly prepared. I would have liked a second pitcher of sangria, but the price was high at $40.00! In all, however, for NYC, I thought Victor's was reasonably priced.

Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“A Little Taste Of Cuba!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend as the place to go to when celebrating a special occasion, birthday, anniversary etc. so we confirmed to celebrate my birthday -great atmosphere, with a live band playing Cuban music and some guests even decided to get up and dance some salsa!:) the food was good but nothing fancy or
original. The service was very good.

• Visited March 2014