“Good Not Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lombardi's Pizza

Lombardi's Pizza
32 Spring St, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10012-4173 (Manhattan)
212-941-7994
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Orlando, Florida
“Good Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Lombardi's Pizza claim is that it was the very fist Pizzeria in the USA. I have to be honest, I found the prices too high and Quite frankly I have had better?? It wasn't bad but not as good as I thought it would be. WE shared a pie which was half white and half Pepperoni. GOOD but NOT great. The crowds seemed to like it though. Everyone in the place was smiling and chatting away. I would come again!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Michigan, United States
“Good Italian pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very authentic Italian pizza. If you are used to American pizza don't be surprised when the entire pizza isn't covered with cheese; it's not supposed to be. Having lived in Italy the pizza was comparable but the cost was way bigger than I would have ever expected to pay. Nonetheless, the trip to Lombardi's was worth while and resulted in a happy foodie.

London, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I got a recommendation for this place from a New Yorker living in London and it was a great recommendation. We shared the smaller pizza which was plenty for two people for lunch. It was so good. We went out for lots of lovely meals during our stay but this was one of the best ones.
They don't take reservations so you just have to show up and take your chances. I hate not being able to book somewhere but trust me, this is worth it.

Also - it's really close to the shops around Prince st / Mercer st down on Broadway so it's an excellent pit stop during a good New York shopping spree!

Visited March 2014
St. Augustine FL
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have heard great things about Lombardi's and since it was the first pizzeria in the US I had to stop in for dinner.

The place was about a 10 minutes cab ride from East Manhattan, but my driver had no problem finding the place.

They seated me quickly and for dinner I ordered a couple of beers and a pepperoni and sausage pizza. I enjoyed the pizza, but thought they should have taken a bit more care on how they placed the topping on the pizza (see photos). Also I like a bit more rise (air) in my pizza, but overall I would stop in again.

Only con, a bit on the expensive side for pizza. Pizza with two beers and tip $50.00!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jenkins
“Mama Mia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great pizza. So happy we stumbled upon this gem, it was amazing. Pizza was great, atmosphere was great, and after spending a lot of money in NYC on food, it felt amazing to dine for two for 30 dollars. But honesty, try the white pizza. It's so good!

• Visited March 2014