“A must while in nyc” 4 of 5 stars
Review of John's Pizzeria - Times Square

John's Pizzeria - Times Square
260 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036-3900 (Midtown)
(212) 391-7560
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #357 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Orlando, Florida
“A must while in nyc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have made john's a tradition on our yearly trips to New York. Must see location and excellent pizza. You would never expect such a cool interior when looking from the sidewalk. Make sure that you are seated so that you can eat under the beautiful stained glass. I would recommend dinner, rather than lunch as it seems even more beautiful at night. My only complaint...no free refills on tea or soda. It just seems like a rip off, while not coinciding with the relaxed, family atmosphere of the restaurant. This adds up if you're a four or five glass of tea person such as my boyfriend. Still worth the visit, but be mindful if you're a big tea or soda drinker!

• Korean first
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place was packed on a Saturday night but then again it was Times Square and located near the theaters. The food was excellent and very fresh. The wait staff is disappears once they have taken your order until they deliver it. We had to go to the bar to get another beer. I will go back, but I will take two beers to the table the next time.

Visited March 2014
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great environment, good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Times Square area, and late Sunday night we felt like doing pizza for dinner. I asked our concierge for a good pizza place in walking distance and he recommend John's for good NY style pizza. He told us it was in an old church, which meant good ambiance to me, so we went. We only had a 20 min wait and grabbed a drink at the bar while we waited. Once we got to the table, the hostess gave us menus and we quickly decided on traditional pizza with garlic rolls. It was about 5 minutes before the server got to us to bring us water and ask for our order - the place was full so this didn't bother me. Once we placed our order it was about 20 mins until our garlic rolls arrived - so there is def a wait for food. But, the place was really interesting to look at and they had an open kitchen, with 2 brick pizza ovens in view, so there was a feel of authenticity. It was neat to look over and see the chef's flipping pizza dough. The food finally came, and while it was very good, and we finished our 6 slice pizza - my socks weren't knocked off. I like the local place we order from at home better. However, you take into account the great location, great building and great atmosphere - I was really happy we went and I'd defiantly go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great pizza... Great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went to Johns Pizzeria the first night we were in town. Wonderful pizza and to die for garlic knots! Probably the best knots I've ever had. The building is a piece of history! We would definitely go here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This pizzeria was recommended to us by a New-yorker... after a terrible experience in Little Italy we wernt sure what we were in for.

Johns Pizzeria, is tucked out of the way of the hustle and bustle of times square but when we entered it was buzzing with a great atmosphere and it was packed!

We turned up late at about 9PM so had to wait at the bar for about 40 minutes but it was definitely worth the wait! The pizza was the best we've ever had and of course the pizza turned up and it was huge! You only need one pizza for two people to share.

The service was awesome and the food was yummy!
Would definitely recommend it and would definitely go back
Get there early or be prepared to wait for a little while, it's definitely worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere