“Disappointed...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of John's Pizzeria - Times Square

John's Pizzeria - Times Square
260 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036-3900 (Midtown)
(212) 391-7560
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #357 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Macomb, Michigan
“Disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I heard quite a few good things about John's. So we decided to stop by while on our trip. When we got there we were promptly sat and got our drink orders in. Our waitress wasn't rude by any means, but she just wasn't very personable. We ordered the Garlic Rolls for an appetizer and those were pretty darn good. Then we got our Pizza, we ordered a "Classic" pizza.

Now after reading reviews and such, I was expecting this heavenly delicious New York pizza and...it wasn't what I expected. It wasn't any better than the pizza we get back home in Michigan at our local Jets, especially for the price.

I guess just the disappointment on top of the not so personable staff made it not the best experience.

However I will say, the place looks really cool. It has two floors, the top floor overlooks the main floor like a balcony, and theres a really neat large mural on the main wall.

• Korean first
Hernando, Mississippi, United States
“Always good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had a short wait but the staff was friendly and the pizza was good - as always!!! This place is always nice to stop in and grab a pizza - especially on a cold NY day!

Visited January 2013
Barrington, Illinois
“Great Pizza, Expensive and Poor Delivery Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our first experince with this Pizza. We pre-ordered and prepaid for it at about 3 PM and requested a 7 PM delivery. It did not come until about 8:15 PM ..and then only after about 3 phone calls to them. They offered no compensation for poor service. The pizza cost about $30...about twice what I am used to paying for similar pizzas. Never again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New City, New York
“John's Pizza Top 2 in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I don't understand the reviews below. People calling it a tourist destination because of location. John's is one of the best in NYC. The only one I would say is better is Lombardi's on Spring Street. You can only buy the pizza by the entire pie, there are no slices. The Margherita Pie is the best IMO.

Get a Peroni, order a pie, sit at the bar and enjoy yourself. Having lived in NYC for 8 years I would suggest John's to everyone. There really is nothing more to say. I would take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. It gets busy, hence the reason I always sit at the bar and receive great service.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, New Jersey
“one of the best in the times sq. area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

you don't normally think of food in times square, but if you are in the mood to eat and want a great pie or other italian, solid drinks and a very cool atmosphere you can't go wrong with john's. It's an institution.

Visited December 2012