“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 11,595 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Reading
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I went to NYC for my honeymoon over Christmas and New Year and on our last night we asked the concierge at the hotel we were staying, the Warwick, where the best place to go for a steak was. He suggested Del Frisco's and he was right - it was a beautiful setting and our waiter George was one of the nicest people we had the pleasure of meeting - mt Steak and Alison's Seafood was cooked to perfection and the Manager came over and spoke to us for 10 minutes when he fund out that we were on our honeymoon - we ordered the 7 layers of Carrot cake and the hotel called up and paid for it - one of the best restaurant experiences we have ever had, good food, great staff and if we go back to NYC again it will be the first place we will go to eat - thank you for the lovely experience and make our last night in NYC so special...

86% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“High End Steak, Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Been to Del Frisco's in Vegas and Colorado, so I had to try it in NYC! The food was good, however, I did find the Lobster Mac&Cheese plus the Cauliflower Gratin were both quite salty this time around. The Mignon was cooked to perfection and the Lemon Cake is the best I've ever had! Our waiter was ok, but I wished he didn't say the exact same thing to every table coming in. He sounded like a robot when he talked about his favourite appetizers and all his recommendations. I realize he will need to repeat himself… I just wish he changed it up a bit for each table.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best steak I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a team dinner here with a bigger party. Service was exceptional, staff talked about the restaurant and food with great passion and gave great recommendations. We shared a selection of appetisers - the crab cake is was outstanding, you must try it! Had a filet mignon and it was the best steak I've ever had - simply perfect. They also have a great wine selection.
Defineitely recommend this restaurant if you want to have great steak, perfect service in a restaurant with good atmosphere.

Oakland, California
“AWESOME SERVICE BUT GOSH!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ok.. its amazing to be by Rockafeller plaza and the service is IMPECCABLE , atmoshpere great, bar amazing but seriously..... 24 dollars for one crab cake...???? It was fabulous with a delicious creamy sauce that I cannot describe but I just think the prices could be a little more reasonable.
How bout two crab cakes for 20 dollars... Then charge 44 dollars for the filet... thats all I'm saying. I would go once for a special occasion but it could not be my "go to " restaurant.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful. Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I came here Sunday evening to celebrate our 30th birthdays. I had been here once before (about a year ago) and talked about my steak so much that my husband couldn't wait to come and try one for himself. We had a sweet waitress (from Indiana) who really took her time and talked to us like people, not just customers. My husband made our reservation on Open Table and in the comment section he noted we would be celebrating our birthdays, and the first thing our waitress did was wish us a happy birthday. I didn't think anyone ever read the comments but they do! Our steaks (we each had the filet medallions) were out of this world, and the creamed spinach is to die for.

To top off a wonderful dinner, we each got a free dessert with a candle and a "happy birthday" sign. No singing or any embarrassing birthday announcement - the waitress just brought out a piece of lemon cake (OUTSTANDING) and a piece of cheesecake topped with strawberries (also amazing).

My husband and I travel a lot, and although this is a chain restaurant, it was one of the best meals we've ever eaten.