“Best burger” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3,152 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Pub, Chicken Wings
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located in the Inwood section of northern Manhattan. The Kilt is well in to its 24th year serving the Inwood community. We offer our "Best Burger in Town" along with home-made soups, desserts and made to order lunch and dinner specials. Once inside take a seat in the dining room or at the bar depending on the night you might catch live entertainment, featuring local musicians, one of the best karaoke nights around or our packed trivia night. Most of our staff has been with us for years and will make you feel right at home. We offer a varied selection of wines, ice cold bottled beer, and the freshest draught beer in town. See you soon!
Oslo, Norway
“Best burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband avoids Irish bars at all cost, but agreed to visit this one as we were hungry, it was nearby and we'd had it recommended by locals. As it turned out he was served the best burger he's ever tasted! So good in fact, that we returned the next day to try another one - also delicious. A small thing we also appreciated was that all children were automatically served a drink of water in a "fun" cup.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent food, good price, neighborhood atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ate at the Piper's Kilt of Inwood 3 times while staying in the area. The food was excellent and a good price for what you get. They are willing to bring a taste of something if you aren't sure about ordering it. I had the Moroccan soup and it was terrific; the seafood linguini was full of seafood, and the burgers are big and juicy. The only thing I didn't like was the Amaretto martini I had, but that's just me. Wood booths, a bar, and a nice, cozy feel to the place. I would definitely go there again if I were in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Meat Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am very very sad to discover that this juicy, meaty, medium-rare hunk of happiness exists because I want one all the time.

Get the Burger.

I'm serious.

Also it is a great pub to hang out, meet new people and the staff is super friendly.
I felt like singing the Cheers theme song.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great spot to relax in Inwood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I used to live in Inwood, and would frequent Piper's Kilt. They have bar food, which is good. They have fun trivia nights, and often have live music. It is definitely a great spot to hang and relax in that is far from the rush of downtown Manhattan. The staff is friendly, and the drinks are great. Definitely a nice touch to Inwood.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Best Hamburger in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Piper's Kilt is a local pub which has been around approximately 25 years in Inwood Manhattan. They truly have one of the best hamburgers in New York City. Great local crowd and reasonable prices. Close to all types of public transportation.

• Visited May 2012