“For a short stay it's everything you need!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   95 Henry St, New York City, NY 10002 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #224 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Rosemount, Minnesota
“For a short stay it's everything you need!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My son and I traveled to NYC for a quick overnight. The hotel was only a few short blocks to the submway on East Broadway. The room was smaller but was equiped with both a microwave and fridge. WiFi was free as well. Bathroom was more than adequate. Since I hadn't been to NYC in a few years I needed directions to the hotel and Lucy at the front desk was a star in that she gave us directions to the subway along with some time saving guidance for our 24 hour vacation. It was exactly what we needed. When we got back to the hotel (approximately 10:30pm) we were looking for a good restaurant in Chinatown and again, the front desk staff got us where we needed to go. When we go to NYC I'd like to stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor to avoid some noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My family & I stayed there for 3-nights. We had an emergency trip to NY. This hotel was inexpensive & very nice. Only cons for me were location & parking. Chinatown could be a great place for some but not for me. The hotel has an arrangement with a parking garage so you get a $5 discount at $30. The guy said they would charge $30 every time we took our car out so we only used them one night. The other nights my husband would drive to the closest area where you didn't have to pay for parking. It was about 5 blocks away around a school by the projects. That was ok.
Breakfast & wi-fi were included; which is nice. The breakfast area was nice & food options were good; tasted good as well.
The room was a good size. It was very clean. The closest however was small & there is no safe in the room. So don't bring valuables as it is not safe to leave in room.
Overall, I would recommend if on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Spacious, clean, and modern hotel rooms and friendly staff await you at this Fairfield Inn located in lower east Manhattan on the fringe of Chinatown. This hotel is in a safe area because we (my husband, I and our 2 daughters) did our share of walking to restaurants in Chinatown and Little Italy and to and from the bridges and subway at all times of the day and night with no trouble at all. You will get comfortable catching the F subway train just a block from the hotel and taking it into Times Square and the Broadway area or to shopping. Breakfast buffet is included in hotel stay - and is wonderful and fresh with lots of choices. Highly recommend this Marriott property!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel located in China Town. You are in the middle of busy Chinatown. Within 20 minutes away from subway stations, Wall street, the pier where you catch water taxi tours, and also 20 minutes walk from little Italy. The hotel itself is nice and clean, like everything else in New York, the real estate is high, so every corner need to be utilized. Overall, it is a comfortable hotel. Breakfast is sufficient enough, it is crowded as the times goes by.
Staff are friendly, exercise room very limited. Parking is about 2 blocks away, for $30, without in and out access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel was a little farther than I'd expected, nevertheless in a lively neighborhood, close to Little Italy and Chinatown. Short 20 min walk to the pier and along the way down to South Street Seaport, you will see the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. A beautiful sight in the evening with all the lights on. If you like to walk, then you'll enjoy all the sights and attractions, all within walking distances.

Back at the hotel, the staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable. The only problem I had was with the breakfast time. I understand the weekday bfast hours are shorter, but they cleared an hour before the end time posted on the wall. It wasn't a huge hassle or anything, but I'd expected they'd follow their set hours.

That said, I had a lovely stay and no other complaints. I'd go back there any day. Thank you, Marriott and staff for offering a good stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the two-queen-beds room on the 6th floor. There was no view, but if you open up the wind...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Warrington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott, 95 Henry Street, New York overnight on June 21, 2014. I am writing to provide feedback on an employee – Najee.

Since I am not familiar with New York, I called the hotel prior to my arrival to obtain information on how to get to the hotel via the subway, points of interest in the area, etc. Najee provided me with excellent directions and provided a lot of information about the area. On the day of my arrival, I came out of a different exit and was lost. I called the hotel and was still confused so Najee met me on the street and directed me to the hotel. She further provided me with directions to Greenwich Village, several restaurant recommendations (along with directions) and basically made sure I was comfortable travelling in the City.

I would like to highlight Najee’s excellent customer service. She is a credit to the Marriott organization. She went above and beyond my expectations – which are very high since I have never had a bad experience staying at a Marriott - and is to commended for her work ethic and excellent customer service. Najee truly made my visit to NYC special and I thank her.

Thank you.

Mary Fenerty

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and the room more than comfortable, large for NYC standards plus a free breakfast. But unless you are ok taking cabs everywhere and being away from almost everything, even the nearest convenience store is a 20 minute walk you should keep looking. That said, if like me the price was too good to pass up, make sure to get a room on the pike street side and high up to avoid the street and elevated train noise.

Room Tip: Stay on the pike street side in a high room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear emo114,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfeld Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/ Downtown East. We're glad your interaction with the staff was a pleasant one and also that you found our rooms comfortable. The property's location on 95 Henry st finds itself further out from main attractions yet competitively priced and worthwhile. There are much closer convenient stores and restaurants within walking distance that takes 5-10 minutes to reach. We're truly sorry if you found yourself towards one that's double that time. We are more than willing to make that right for you in your next stay. Please feel free to reach out to me and we can look into giving you a better experience then your last. My email is: harold.gonzalez@marriott.com. Take care!

-Harold Gonzalez

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East? Share your experiences!