Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East
Ranked #284 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Richmond, Virginia
“A lot of walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel located in China Town. You are in the middle of busy Chinatown. Within 20 minutes away from subway stations, Wall street, the pier where you catch water taxi tours, and also 20 minutes walk from little Italy. The hotel itself is nice and clean, like everything else in New York, the real estate is high, so every corner need to be utilized. Overall, it is a comfortable hotel. Breakfast is sufficient enough, it is crowded as the times goes by.
Staff are friendly, exercise room very limited. Parking is about 2 blocks away, for $30, without in and out access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel was a little farther than I'd expected, nevertheless in a lively neighborhood, close to Little Italy and Chinatown. Short 20 min walk to the pier and along the way down to South Street Seaport, you will see the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. A beautiful sight in the evening with all the lights on. If you like to walk, then you'll enjoy all the sights and attractions, all within walking distances.

Back at the hotel, the staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable. The only problem I had was with the breakfast time. I understand the weekday bfast hours are shorter, but they cleared an hour before the end time posted on the wall. It wasn't a huge hassle or anything, but I'd expected they'd follow their set hours.

That said, I had a lovely stay and no other complaints. I'd go back there any day. Thank you, Marriott and staff for offering a good stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the two-queen-beds room on the 6th floor. There was no view, but if you open up the wind...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Warrington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott, 95 Henry Street, New York overnight on June 21, 2014. I am writing to provide feedback on an employee – Najee.

Since I am not familiar with New York, I called the hotel prior to my arrival to obtain information on how to get to the hotel via the subway, points of interest in the area, etc. Najee provided me with excellent directions and provided a lot of information about the area. On the day of my arrival, I came out of a different exit and was lost. I called the hotel and was still confused so Najee met me on the street and directed me to the hotel. She further provided me with directions to Greenwich Village, several restaurant recommendations (along with directions) and basically made sure I was comfortable travelling in the City.

I would like to highlight Najee’s excellent customer service. She is a credit to the Marriott organization. She went above and beyond my expectations – which are very high since I have never had a bad experience staying at a Marriott - and is to commended for her work ethic and excellent customer service. Najee truly made my visit to NYC special and I thank her.

Thank you.

Mary Fenerty

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and the room more than comfortable, large for NYC standards plus a free breakfast. But unless you are ok taking cabs everywhere and being away from almost everything, even the nearest convenience store is a 20 minute walk you should keep looking. That said, if like me the price was too good to pass up, make sure to get a room on the pike street side and high up to avoid the street and elevated train noise.

Room Tip: Stay on the pike street side in a high room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear emo114,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfeld Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/ Downtown East. We're glad your interaction with the staff was a pleasant one and also that you found our rooms comfortable. The property's location on 95 Henry st finds itself further out from main attractions yet competitively priced and worthwhile. There are much closer convenient stores and restaurants within walking distance that takes 5-10 minutes to reach. We're truly sorry if you found yourself towards one that's double that time. We are more than willing to make that right for you in your next stay. Please feel free to reach out to me and we can look into giving you a better experience then your last. My email is: harold.gonzalez@marriott.com. Take care!

-Harold Gonzalez
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Booked this hotel cos most other hotels in midtown were fully booked. It was a very pleasant stay though. The hotel looks new. The lobby is simple, staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. I had the best sleep on the bed on the best pillow I ever had for long long time. I traveled a lot and I have never found any bed and pillows in any other hotels that could suit me that well. Breakfast was simple but nice. The only downside is that the location is at downtown Manhattan.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Enjoyed the visit at the hotel- newly renovated and convenient for work.

Unfortunately there was an advance purchase charge that I wasn't aware I had made and thought it was because of a billing error by the front desk staff. Turns out it was my mistake when making two online and different reservations while visiting New York City. Mr. H. Gonzalez helped me untangle the mistake and was patient while we conferenced in the credit card company and another Fairfield Inn front desk person, Leo. (the second reservation) He was professional and very kind. He represented the highest in customer service. I would stay there again just because of his excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
McHenry, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This property is in the heart of Chinatown. I arrived very late and did not get a chance to eat but the front desk personnel provided menus to local restaurants with late night delivery. The staff was outstanding, helping me to my room with my bags (I was 7.5 months pregnant) and called us a car in the morning to get to our meeting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East

Address: 95 Henry St, New York City, NY 10002
Ranked #284 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East 2.5*
Enjoy the spacious guestrooms at the BRAND NEW Fairfield Inn & Suites, more than half of which are double queen bedded rooms. We will quickly become your new home away from home with thoughtful upgraded amenities like a wonderful free hot breakfast daily and a mini-fridge and microwave in every room. And staying connected is easy with complimentary WiFi in all rooms and public areas. Our newly constructed property is conveniently located in NYC/Manhattan/Downtown between Chinatown (known for its authentic cuisine and cultural background) and the Lower East Side (famous for its trendy nightlife, a melting pot of different cultures that provide a more local experience of the Big Apple). And we are just minutes away from all the exciting NYC attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Downtown East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.