“wow wow wow go see it with your own eyes and leave your own experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters, Grand Central

You added Club Quarters, Grand Central to your Saves list
Club Quarters, Grand Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   128 East 45th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #146 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Silver Spring, Maryland
“wow wow wow go see it with your own eyes and leave your own experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

So i made this reservations with the hope to you know get and hotel service normal enough specially with this MLK week end hotels are very busy and employees tend to be a little bit tense wow wow wow i was quite surprise t found out that some people still know how to do business. J-C his name was well done man. I stayed 3 days when i got there the welcome was warm people were available to help me and my family getting in the hotel it was fast simple and pleasant , late at night coming back from walking around i get in and this J-C start asking me how my staying was so far I'm telling him and i think he had felt that i was not aware of the 27th floor where he took me and then the 2nd floor offered me conversation he wasn't pushy at all but made me feel home. on the day i left my train was at 2pm but check out was at 12pm so i checked out they carry my bags to secure them in a storage gave me a card so i can get them when i want we seat in the living room as they call them free internet with Apple computers no codes and free drinks and food wow wow wow , i printed our ticket there for free and when leaving they helped us out. Great great service can't make any comment on the rooms as you can see the pics I'll just add that there's no scam they are clean class and fresh. this is my house in NY now on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Even though I booked the smallest room, it was adequate and very comfortable. The guest lounge on the top floor was exceptional, with computers and printer available, as well as, complementary beverages, fruit and snacks. I enjoyed the terrific views from the lounge balcony.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

As I understand it most of Club Quarters' guests have a formal association with Club Quarters through their employers or organization. However, when the Club Quarters has excess capacity, it welcomes other guests. My short stay at Club Quarters was one of the most enjoyable I have had out of nearly a dozen trips to New York in the last year or so.

I had a Club Room, which I feared would be too small. Much to my delight it was just fine. In addition to the bed, armoire, etc., there was a small L shaped table in one corner which was set up for connection with various technology (frankly I was not certain how it was to be used). The room is state of the art in terms of technology on multiple fronts.

Two of my criteria for a high quality stay are towels big enough to wrap around myself and glass glasses. Club Quarters Grand Central provided both. There are also water dispenser scattered around the hotel.

One of the really outstandng features is the "living room" on the 27th floor. First, the view over New York is wonderful, and there is even a balcony to allow guests more wonder in good weather. The living room offers computers, a printer, and a copier--all of the tools necessary to business travelers. It also provides plenty of work space and corresponding laptop connections.

Another plus is the complimentary fresh fruit provided and the extraordinary coffee machine. It stores fine Italian coffee which is actually ground by the machine. Choose espresso, cafe latte, cappuccino, regular coffee, hot water for tea, etc. It's all there. Complimentary soda is also provided.

The staff is terrific from the people at the front desk to the various others I met around the building.

I enjoyed a wonderful stay and would readily return. I do have two small suggestions. First, there is a wonderful high tech alarm clock which allows charging of one's I-Phone, etc. However, I could not figure out how to set the alarm. It is possible that instructions are contained in the book in the room with general information, and if so the fault is mine for not thinking to look (until now). The second is to label the pitcher of white liquid by the coffee machine so one knows whether it is cream, milk or half and half. I actually prefer milk in my coffee and would have been delighted to find some of that in the refrigerator.

These are, however, nitpicks.

I should also mention that the hotel is truly a five minute walk or so to Grand Central Station. Once there you can catch a subway in various directions, including the shuttle to Penn Station. And, of course, there are an innumerable choice of restaurants.

If you have the opportunity to visit the Club Quarters, particularly if you are in New York on business, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a new property and my first time at any Club Quarters hotel. They were offering great introductory rates. I hope the rates stay reasonable. Bed was extremely comfortable.Room itself was smallish, but perfectly fine for 1 person. Bathroom was spacious and spotless.Free WiFi throughout hotel was an added bonus. They have a lovely coffee room/ lounge area with balcony on the 27th floor. Perfect location, just steps away from Grand Central Station. The only downside was that my room had no desk. Perhaps larger rooms do. I suppose if I had work to do, I could have done it in the lounge on the 27th floor. Excellent Italian restaurant on property

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our stay was nothing short of a great experience from check-in to check-out. Upon our arrival, we were checked in by Christina Fonseca who was very friendly and helpful with the process and also gave us recommendations on what was in the area. There were a variety of things to do and the location of this hotel made it that much easier to get where we needed to. Our room was exactly like the photos on the site and had everything we needed for our stay. We will definitely return to this Club Quarters on our next trip to NYC!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Randolph, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

With an impending snow storm, my office booked a block of rooms for commuting employees. The rooms are just as the pictures portray them. Very clean and plenty of space for two people. The little L-shaped couch is nice. Plenty of outlets all over the room. The room also came with a mini-fridge and a microwave.

The TV is mounted on the wall, but I was able to hook up my Roku box to an HDMI port on the side. The wifi has no password so I had Netflix up and running in full HD within minutes while I unpacked.

I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arose!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Overall, the hotel is Ok with some great pros and some cons. I would go again if I don't find something better but it would not be my first choice.

I booked two sup rooms with kitchenettes. first I got two rooms without and after much discussion, I was given the rooms I had booked.

I can talk about room 202 and 203. The kitchenette is really not usable as it is only a fridge and a (weak) microwave. it does not come with any supplies, such as spoons or bowls to warm anything in the microwave. One of the rooms did not even have a table to eat/snack at.
the rooms are very nice and large though even though they are on the second floor. they just did not have ANY real storage space. we managed to buy milk and cereal and were able to have breakfast in the morning but we could not really manage to have any meals, not even light meals.

As for their standard rooms, we also stayed in 2102 and 1502, and both rooms are small (to very small) with a queen bed and a small pull out bed. definitely not for three adults as they say and even small for 2 adults and a child (like us). there is barely room to move around the bed.

Overall pros:
1. People are very nice.
2. the room at the 27th floor is awesome
3. free continental breakfast on weekend. it's not great but sufficient with bagels, coffee and patries.
4. free wifi everywhere and free computers at the 27th floor
5. free laundry at the 3rd floor - awesome when you need to dry some clothes in a rush after a day in the rain
6. amazing location on midtown east in front of grand central
7. it has a small gym

Cons
1. noisy even at the 21st floor
2. small rooms
3. kitchenettes are not functional
4. cleanness is sufficient but not great. they do the rooms really fast and you can tell.
5. close to non-existent closet space

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Quarters, Grand Central? Share your experiences!