“An Amazing Bargain Considering the Cooking Talent in the Kitchen” 5 of 5 stars

+(1)2124006699
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Colicchio & Sons Tap Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
Bayonne, New Jersey
“An Amazing Bargain Considering the Cooking Talent in the Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Tap Room is the "bar area" for the larger Colicchio & Sons restaurant. Like any bar, they serve "bar food" here. Except here the bar food is made by the world famous Tom Colicchio (who was cooking that night in the open kitchen up front) and it tastes better than any bar food anywhere else.

As has already been written, the wait staff is extremely attentive and fun. They'll go overboard to please the customer as they did when a buddy of mine suddenly showed up during desert. They quickly found us a larger table and served him right away.

I had an amazing mixed green salad and the coffee rubbed brisket. It was so good that I was craving it for the next two days. My only negative comment is that the portion of brisket was too small. Then again, the dish was so amazing that I could have eaten a side of beef and it still wouldn't have been enough.

Three cheers to Tom Colicchio and his Tap Room.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This is the NYC spot that I took my wife to for our anniversary dinner. Great choice! We couldn't afford the main dining room, but I don't feel like we missed out at all. The coffee cured brisket was the best brisket I've had in my life. My wife wasn't terribly crazy about the sirloin, but the sides were all delicious and the service was impeccable. They even brought us some hot apple cider to warm us up. Highly recommend!

Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Modern, yet has this inviting "log cabin" feel with its rustic wood floors, open fire stone oven, and dark tones. The floor-to-ceiling glass wine rack shines brilliantly. Dinner menu has 3 simple categories to choose from, a varied selection for strarters, entrees and desserts. Every item is so uniquely different it was hard to choose. Our party of 4 had Taleggio pizza, apple chowder, salad greens and shrimp with pork belly. I had the last one and enjoyed every bite. I also had a slice of the pizza and scarfed it down. The spiced IPA made a great pairing with the appetizers if you can stand the habanero heat!

For entrées, 2 had the coffee rubbed brisket, one the pork chop (which was huge) and I the duck. Duck was savory and moist. Pork chop was melt-in-your mouth tender. Wish I had tasted the brisket. They didn't share!

The ricotta and green apple ice creams were light and delicious. However, the caramel apple parfait excelled above the rest! Definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Belle Mead
“Tap Room is a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner in the tap room last weekend. The service was wonderful and the food delicious! Our waitress, Samantha, gave us excellent recommendations. My husband started with the bone marrow - what flavor! I had the scallops crudo - very fresh and light. I followed with the duck confit and he had the skate with crispy skin. How he gets that skin crispy, I'd love to know. Everything was cooked perfectly. The manager was inviting and introduced us to the chef on the way out. I am sure we will be back - thanks for an excellent meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
hudson valley, ny
“Great food but atmosphere is for a younger crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Being a great lover of Gramercy Tavern, a restaurant where we have spent many special occasions, we thought we'd give Colicchio & Sons a try to celebrate a birthday since both establishments share the same owner. If you are looking for excellent food, wine and service served up in a upbeat atmosphere, then this is the place to visit. I prefer the atmosphere of Gramercy Tavern (atmosphere and clientele seems more mature and sophisticated). It could have just been the daytime setting. I'm sure my 30 year old children would love Colicchio & Sons!

• 4 of 5 stars Food