“Great Start to a Good Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #216 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Great Start to a Good Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Wife and I started our friends wedding weekend in Chelsea, and after much hemming and hawing over where to stay finally settled on the Highline. We couldn't be happier with our selection. From the moment we walked in the door, the service was impecable. Check-in was a breeze, and suggestions for dinner and drinks were ample and on point.

The room was appointed with a desk, comfy bed, and operable typewriter my wife used to leave a note for our daughter (when she's born that is). Free Wifi in the room, and old world charm that you don't find in modern hotels throughout the city. Inteligista Coffee bar in the lobby, and a quiet seating area right on 10th street.

Close to multiple eateries nearby (Morimoto, Cookshop, Artichoke, etc etc), and a quick 5 minute walk to the Chelsea Market and Highline.

5/5 would certainly stay again, and recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been traveling to NYC for work over the last six months. The High Line has become my oasis. In no other hotel have I been treated so wonderfully by the staff. Every bit of my experience at The High Line has been top notch. I'd rather stay no where else.

Room Tip: Every single room in which I've stayed was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, enjoyable and filled with positive experiences.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I've been recently and for the first time to this hotel during a BIZ trip in NY city.

The structure is absolutely characteristic both externally and internally.

The environment is absolutely warm and the overview is very cool. You do not understand in what time you are... Modern and "retro'" at the same time.

Rooms are confortable and not small. Which is quite unusual in the city.

In front of the hotel you have an access to the High Line, amazing! Do not leave NY if you do not try a walk there!

My overall experience has been very positive.

I'll back for sure

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have frequented many of the New York City luxury hotels and have to say that the HighLine, by far, is one of my absolute favorites. Everything from the service to the overall experience was exceptional.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

From the courtesy of the staff, who upgraded my room and treated me like a valued guest, to the Intelligensia Coffee bar to the romantic & elegantly appointed room, it's a joy to stay. I'd only say don't go so it stays available when I'm in NY.

• Stayed May 2015
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed there for a couples' break this weekend. Most were at The Standard but we wanted to try something new. The High Line is a great little spot with nice rooms, friendly service and really cool indoor and outdoor garden areas to sit, drink, read, relax. The High Line park is just across the street and your in the middle of the Chelsea/Meatpacking district...great shopping, dining and nightlife. Check out the High Line if your looking to stay in the area.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our first stay made us come back a second time a year ago. Room #1, as we entered had a constant loud annoying vibrating buzzing noise. We asked for another room with a promise to look into what seemed to be a never before heard mystery noise to the staff. Our third visit in May, accompanied by our two young adult children, we were again given room #1 with the same noise! Again the employees seemed suspiciously unaware of this mystery noise, except one. He mentioned a fan in the elevator shaft that could not be turned off.. No other room was available, so both nights were sleepless, earplugs having no effect whatsoever! Though the staff is always very friendly and attentive, I am very disappointed with the lack of comeback, after having spoken to the desk staff, twice, left messages and written to the general manager. My messages are not returned if left on the voice box. And finally when the response does come it is so incredibly vague, I feel we are not taken seriously. We are frequent New York visitors, 5 to 6 times a year, and stay in high end hotels. Never again at the High Line Hotel. That goes to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel.

Truly appreciate your candid feedback and do apologize for the lack of follow up. Also wanted to inform you that I responded right away to your comment card you send us via your email address. My emails might have gone thru your junk mail.

We have made sure that we noted your profile of your room preference, and please let me know the next time you are in town and will be more than happy to take care of your reservation.

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!