“Disappointed in High Line Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #221 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Disappointed in High Line Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We really wanted to like this hotel and stayed there because of the reviews, but we come away very disappointed. We have stayed several times a year in NYC hotels for 12 years and understand small rooms, but our room was extremely small. Added to that, the ceilings sloped inwrapped making a small room worse. On the first full day our room was not made up until after 5:00 pm and then the maids did not have all their supplies. On the last day, our cold water (and hot) was not cold, but scalding hot. Way too hot to brush our teeth, wash our face, or shower. When reported to the office, we were told that it happens sometimes. This is a hotel nothing like its web site that has seen better days.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, pay the money and upgrade. Better values are available.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Christiansted, null, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff was friendly and helpful; enjoyed the room which was unique, It was close to the High Line and other sites downtown. The room was comfortable and different from most hotel rooms in that it had a homey feel. I would stay there again if ever in New York again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Sag Harbor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Everything was great- Our room was beautiful with big windows, high ceilings and period details and it was very spacious. The staff was incredibly welcoming and also kindly accommodated us when we let them know we would be three staying instead of two by giving us a room with two queen beds. And the best coffee ever is served at Intelligentsia in the lobby. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The High Line Hotel is a gem in the middle of Chelsea. Unlike the hundreds of hotels in NYC, The High Line provides you with a cozy atmosphere, filled with an authentic vintage feel you wouldn't get anywhere else. The staff is extremely warm and helpful and was greeted by the Front Office Manager, Ricardo, upon my arrival. He was very proactive, kindhearted and went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable.

The location is perfect. It's away from the hustle and bustle of midtown, surrounded by amazing restaurants and steps away from the famous High Line. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and looking forward to staying here in the near future.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago

I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A fabulous place to stay in Chelsea. Staff is warm and helpful. Our room was on the garden side, it was very quiet and had huge windows. Didn't mind at all that there wasn't a full restaurant with fabulous Chelsea & NYC restaurants at your doorstep. The coffee bar run by Intelligentsia during the day made exceptional espresso drinks with delicious pastries to fill my breakfast needs and I loved that it turned to a bar at night for a night cap! Also loved that the hotel did not feel like just any other hotel, definitely had a small scale elegant feel. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've just returned from my third visit to the High Line, and without a doubt it's my favorite place to stay in all of Manhattan. Frequent trips the past two years have shown me all types of accomodations, from B&Bs to luxe hotels to just-the-solid-basics, but for my money, I want to stay here every chance that I get.

The second I roll up, I'm greeted - and remembered as a repeat guest, even though my stays have been short (and booked through a third-party app). I'm welcomed, shown every courtesy, checked in quickly - and if I'm early, bags are stowed and I'm given a call when the room's ready. I get back and am given my key; the bags follow me to my room. Even the smallest rooms feel cozy in the best way, with dashes of vintage, eclectic and modern decor (from the books in the shelf to the small live plants placed throughout the room - and check out the wallpaper, and the taxidermy!) and the bed and towels and bath are all luxurious. I always get a phenomenal night's sleep. Many of my favorite things are within a short walk (I'm very partial to Chelsea) - and the High Line park is a must-stroll if you want to see the most smiles in New York City.

I'm normally a bit of a bargain hunter for my Manhattan trips (with as often as I go, you have to be); the highest compliment I can give a hotel is to say it's worth its standard rate and then some, which is the case for the High Line Hotel. A point in fact: this past weekend, I had booked at a place I'd stayed at previously that recently changed ownership, and the service level had declined significantly. The accommodations were comfortable and clean, but there were so many snafus that when I was presented with the option to stay an extra night in Manhattan, I chose to leave the other establishment for the High Line, which was slightly higher in price. The way I was treated at the High Line - and the comfort of the accommodations - was worth the price difference and then some. No smoother experience can be had, and they pay attention to the little things. It's appreciated more than I can say, and was an exceptionally welcome relief.

The vibe and the staff are exactly right for me, and I can't wait to go back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to Chelsea for a wedding and stayed overnight. Made reservations months in advance but were provided the two worst rooms in the hotel, L6 and L7. The noise was until 2:00AM and started again at 6:00AM. For what we paid we thought that we would be provided rooms in keeping with the price. These rooms were of the seminary type with very limited closet space and storage for suitcases. We requested some consideration for the bad rooms since we booked so far in advance. None was provided. Never again.

Room Tip: Upper rooms may be better.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed and was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. We have followed up with your party and certainly want to make the proper adjustment to rectify your unsatisfactory experience.

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!