“Excellent experience, super attentive staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #223 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Albany, New York
“Excellent experience, super attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pulling up to this place is impressive. The building just stands out, a classy historic boutique in the heart of Chelsea, directly on the High Line. There is no hotel parking, but there is a really affordable lot directly across the street ($32 for 24 hrs!). As soon as you approach the hotel, staff comes to greet you. They opened the door, asked to help with bags, and walked us to the check-in area. There is not check-in desk, which was different, but cool. The staff member takes your name and scans your credit card with an iPad - simple as that. Our room was so bright, quiet, clean and comfortable. Tons of character with old creaky wood floors and huge doors, and the room was decorated with cool antique furniture. The bed was actually one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on - perfect pillows and blankets too. In the room, there was a complete fully stocked snack bar - including craft beers, top shelf liquor, wine, water, candies, chips and goodies - it was all shockingly affordable! They didn't try to kill you with over-priced stuff if you were dying for a snack. They also had an "intimate kit," just in case ;) The bathroom was small but suitable in size, the complimentary soaps and shampoos were seriously great - C.O. Bigelow products, which smell amazing. The towels were huge and soft and luxurious. There were comfy bathrobes and slippers to use in the room, as well as free wi-fi and a nice big flat screen TV. There's a really nice courtyard in the front of the building where you can sit and read, or have a snack, or just enjoy a sunny day. The only negatives that I can point out: no in house restaurant or room service (which actually was no problem whatsoever because there are an abundance of AMAZING restaurants just footsteps away), and the fact that there was an air conditioner unit in the window. The issue with that was that it blocked a bit of our view, but really it was not that big of a deal at all. I got a great deal on this hotel using the "Hotel Tonight" app, and it was quite a bit less expensive than similar high end hotels. I would highly recommend this place for a nice few days in the city - I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff at the High Line Hotel was the highlight for me. The baristas in the lobby coffee shop, and two gentlemen - Alvin & Daniel - who were very warm and welcoming and didn't seem to mind the questions of a tourist! Both were quite helpful. The hotel itself was in a neighborhood I enjoyed exploring, my room was clean and the entire place had an elegant, historic ambiance.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In town for just 2 nights, I wanted a place close to the event I was attending and in a neighborhood I could explore comfortably on my own. My expectations were exceeded when I entered to check in. A pleasant process that did not involve waiting in a line at a desk. When I entered my room I was pleased to find a very comfortable bed, a nicely appointed bath and, I found out later, a very quiet place.
Delightful!

Room Tip: the 3rd floor facing the courtyard was very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed over a weekend to visit several of the local art galleries. The building is a beautifully redone old seminary with original details and quirks throughout. We loved the charm and character and would highly recommend for anyone seeking a bit of old New York. The hotel managed to embrace the physical location without compromising on the comfort one would expect of a similarly priced high end hotel. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed including a fridge and ample closet space. We were on the 10th Ave side and traffic could be a bit noisy (its NYC) but the blackout curtains mitigated most of the light and sound.

The hotel is in a great location in Chelsea, close to restaurants, galleries, nightlife, and of course the highline. Service was very good, although there is no traditional front desk.

The only nits I have is that the rooms are small (typical for NYC) and there is no room service (although there are many nearby restaurants and other food options).

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York. We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, enjoyable and filled with positive experiences.Thank you again for your feedback.
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The level of customer service was right at the top. When it is that good, they make it look easy. When we went to Sunday brunch up the street and met with indifferent customer service, it was so noticeable...I guess we aren't at the High Line anymore. Used the Equinox Fitness down the street and that was an amazing experience too. Had a trainer work with me, stretch me out, video me, and that is all just part of the Equinox experience. I would go back to the High Line just to go the Equinox! Being able to get around via the High Line is really fun; great dinner at a restaurnat in Chelsea Market. Our room was very small, so we would ask for a bigger room, one with a closet, but we loved how unique everything was, with the wood floors, old oriental rugs, and curated accessories in the room. Super comforatble bed; excellent, large flat screen.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very cool boutique hotel across from High Line. Lots of thoughtful details including a stamp press in the rooms previously used by seminarians as the hotel renovated a gorgeous seminary. Rooms were quite large by New York standards. Convenient to subways and walkable to many outstanding spots such as Chelsea Market and the West Village. Concierge (Daniel) went out of way to be helpful and friendly...good advice and attention to detail. We'll be back!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service at the High Line Hotel is impeccable! The location is convenient to the subway, wonderful restaurants, and of course, The High Line Park. Looking forward to my next visit to NYC so I can stay there again, and again, and again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!