“New world understated character and class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #274 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Brisbane, California
“New world understated character and class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stay at the High Line hotel every time I visit New York because I love the feel of the hotel (it's a converted Monastery), it's quirky and full of character and the service is outstanding. I always feel more like I'm staying in someone's home. The Intelligentsia cafe serves the best coffee in NYC and in summer the front courtyard converts to a fabulous outdoor european style cafe/bar. I love being in the heart of Chelsea. I will continue to stay at this hotel every time I visit NYC

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We traveled with an infant to celebrate a friend's birthday in the hotel. I enjoyed the stay--but they have some issues to work out. It's such a cool building with friendly people, I bumped them up to a four. I hope that they live up to it in the future.
The reservation process was poor. I had to call to book as part of the group rate, and it was difficult to get called back, get an email confirmation or get any reply. I suspect online booking is easier. To shorten the story, I was ready to award two dots to the hotel, at most. But our welcome was incredibly friendly and a pack and play was ready and waiting in the room for us. The amenities in the room were nice, except there was a great deal of booze and no coffee. Getting dressed to go down to a (fair) coffee shop is not ideal in the morning. The beds are very comfortable, but expect quite a bit of noise from the street (the snowplows were LOUD. I don't mind this in NYC, but a big chain is your answer if you want soundproofing). The location is extremely lovely, quite near the high line itself. But the food options are slim, especially for breakfast (due to the lease they have, unfortunately, that's out of the control of the hotel. I did have pizza delivered one night without a problem). Finally, the water quality is fairly poor--I addressed this with the hotel staff shortly after I discovered it and they were going to investigate. With attention to more details and working around some of the glitches, this could be a fabulous place.

Room Tip: The king suites are spacious.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your reservation experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it. I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for a 40th birthday with toddler in tow. It was by far our favorite NYC stay. Intelligentsia coffee bar on the ground floor is great, hotel staff and customer service is super. The look, feel and atmosphere of the hotel is so unique that though it is clearly a splurge, it was worth it. Hotel is just steps away from the High Line and Chelsea Market.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. Thank you
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Hotel was a treat. I hadn't heard about the park in the sky, high line which the hotel is named so accurately. It was a great stay with good space and ambience. I'd recommend the hotel to friends and family. There is a great restaurant across the street called the cook shop.

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unlike many Manhattan hotels, this one is properly friendly, low key, relaxed and welcoming. The staff genuinely make you feel at home. The rooms are beautiful, quiet, cosy and spacious (I've stayed here often, always true) and the lobby is busy with great coffee and dog visitors. I spend half my year in New York and the High Line is always my first choice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

EXCELLENT hotel. The decor is fantastic, the employees are super friendly and helpful. This hotel is unlike any hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was quite small but it was so nicely done and comfortable that we didn't even notice the size! The coffee bar in the lobby is quite good and very popular! Location is incredible! The high line is right across the street, many cool shops and places to eat. A few blocks down is the Chelsea Market. Such a cool part of the city. We absolutely loved it and would definitely stay there again. As we were checking out, they walk you through the bill to make sure everything is correct. I haven't found that to be the norm and thought that final touch was very nice. HIGHLY recommend The High Line Hotel!!!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During a business trip I stayed here for 5 nights. It is a great hotel, beautiful from the outside as well as from the inside. Nice room, with a very old feel, but with modern day comfort: a large, very soft bed, and a Bluetooth loudspeaker to hook your smart phone or computer to, amongst the many amenities (free Wi-Fi! No password!). My room was facing the courtyard (and terrace), which was really very quiet, probably because of the winter cold, but the streets surrounding the hotel weren't too busy either.
The only downside to the High Line Hotel is the lack of a restaurant. There is a coffee counter, very posh and stylish, with all the right coffees for hipsters and such, but not the place for me to eat my breakfast, continental or not. There is no room service either. Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be had somewhere else, which is okay if you wanted to explore the city anyway.
I didn't hear my neighbors, but maybe there weren't any. So, apart from the jetlag, I could sleep well.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Highline Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!