“Stepping Back in Time at The High Line Hotel Chelsea NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

Bookmark
You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #285 of 454 Hotels in New York City
New Jersey
“Stepping Back in Time at The High Line Hotel Chelsea NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room on Courtyard side fairly quite. Lighting in room dim, bathroom small and tight but adequate. Bed comfortable. All Wood Floors with Oriental Rug. Elevator. Has an older classy Charm in décor. Many other rooms all different configurations. Step Back in Time Lovely Feel but not enough area for clothing and toiletries No Counter space or Dresser. One Closet with no suitcase butler.
Double, Singles etc. with some sitting areas.

NO RESTURANT on premises only coffee bar in entrance foyer. Would have justified the cost of room per night with a resturant and other amenities.

High Line walkway outdoors with areas to sit. Parking area Edison Park across street which stacks cars not a garage. Close to Chelsea Piers. Would not recommend for family with kids. VERY BUSY area.

Room Tip: Courtyard side quieter Kingsize Bed LOVELY NO RESTURANT
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent three nights in early November - not long enough! This hotel is in a great neighbourhood, right across from the High Line. We had a deluxe on the corner of 20th and 10th Avenue. Next time I'll be sure to request a courtyard room as our room was pretty noisy, in spite of being on the 4th floor. Lots of traffic day and night so we were glad we packed earplugs.

The ground floor is by and large a coffee shop - Intelligentsia. Make sure you're not rushed for coffee as it's definitely worth the wait. Shame there isn't more seating as it does have an air of being a bit of a locals hangout - giving it a nice vibe, but it's short on space for hotel guests who want to sit out somewhere other than their room.

Very comfortable beds - we slept like babies - with earplugs ;-)
Nice Bigelow toiletries and linens.

There is no in-hotel dining but some great local options, like Cookshop across the street. La Lunchonette (sadly closing in 2015) just to nama a couple of places. 23rd Street a couple of blocks up so public transportation is a breeze.

We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, enjoyable and filled with positive experiences.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed here several times as we have family to visit in the neighborhood. Location great, ambiance nice, bell staff wonderful. The rooms are small and there is no counter space in the bathroom. The dim lighting in the bedroom is unacceptable. Since the only mirror is in the bathroom, I had to lay out toiletries and cosmetics on the desk and carry individual items into the bathroom to use. The shower has multiple hold bars and a fold-down seat, but the small size of the bathroom would make it difficult for a wheelchair user. We stay here when the price is right!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. Wanted to let you know that all our light switches have dimmer but are difficult to see, which is a concern. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Thank you for staying at the High Line Hotel and looking forward to meeting you the next time you are in town.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful charming boutique hotel close to amazing restaurants and so many fun NY experiences (have to check out the High Line walk). Huge rooms for New York City. Cozy beds and such helpful staff. Love!

Room Tip: Back side of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time staying here, and would do it again but wil request a higher floor. The check in was strange as they don't have a reception area. Instead, the 'doorman'/front desk reception staff greeted me upon arrival, and at my confused look explained he was the check in guy, using only an ipad. he gave me the key and sent me on my way; I actually like hotels that don't escort you to your room (I don;t need someone to show me how to turn on a TV), but it did feel a little like a holiday inn in that sense. The building is old and recently converted into a hotel; the style and decor are very cozy and comfy, elegant with a touch of a vintage. My room was very comfy although the pillows were too thick, thus upsetting an otherwise good night's sleep.

Another upsetting factor to my sleep was my proximity to the hotel's coffee shop, which occupies what would normally be the reception area. And it was directly across from my room. Thus, I heard the line of mostly non-hotel guests (and seemingly New York's coolest hipster set) queuing for their $5 coffees, The smells and noises wafted into my room at an early hour both days, and woke me up. That was not pleasant for me, and I would never stay in that area again. There was also noise from the street in early mornings and late nights. And more noise from guests returning to their rooms late night too....the walls seem very thin.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Comfiest bed I have ever slept in EVER.

We stayed here for a week in Autumn half term, with my two daughters 11 & 13.
Its a great place to stay to explore the city, we loved the neighbourhood, the local diners, chelsea market and the high line. It makes a welcome change to the hectic corporate world of midtown staying in a residential area.
The STAFF are out of this world helpful and friendly and the room - a twin double - was ample for the four of our needs (they have very large bathrooms, massive closets, Irons, ironing boards yada yada) . So top marks, the only mild suggestion I have is more towel hooks please. The coffee shop is Tres cool also!! Bx

Stayed October 2014
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We are glad you had a wonderful time with your family meanwhile in New York. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was super nice and helpful. Room was huge for NYC. Great experience! Needed a late night dinner suggestion after arriving at 9:30 and they steered me to a great nearby location. Provided umbrellas due to rain, and made every accommodation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!