“Top-Notch Hotel, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The High Line Hotel

Save Saved
You added The High Line Hotel to your Saves list
The High Line Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Tenth Avenue, at 20th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #281 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Top-Notch Hotel, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I came to New York for a weekend wedding being held at The Highline, a fine boutique hotel in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. What a wonderful experience! The moment our cab stopped in front of the hotel, the staff greeted us like family. I travel quite a bit for business and rarely receive the warm welcome we got from Daniel, Tidi, Fazl and the rest of the staff. They were not only helpful and polite (expected) but outgoing and playful (unexpected). It was like being greeted at a friend's house. The hotel is part of a former seminary and the architecture is gorgeous. The wedding was held in a beautiful room that looked like a scene out of a Harry Potter movie - in fact another room in the building was used in the movie. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we extended out stay another day. Every single time we met any of the hotel staff we were greeted by name, asked how they could make our stay better and just treated like old friends. As a small business owner, I know the challenges involved in getting, training and retaining good staff. The High Line has figured it out. The staff is excellent. The hotel itself is a gem, close to all kinds of interesting things to do and see. If you're looking for a unique experience for your next visit to New York, give this hotel a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Highline is a fine boutique hotel in the Chelsea area of NY. Walking distance to Chelsea Markets, restaurants & bars.
More importantly for us, the rooms are extremely comfortable, although a little small, the Staff were outstanding with service, attention to detail & willingness to help.
The Cafe in the foyer offers the best coffee I've ever had in many years of travelling to the USA.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing the Highline Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.
mill valley, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The High Line is the most wonderful hotel I can imagine. The rooms are beautifully decorated to maintain the old world comfort, wood-hewn feel of the seminary building. My room overlooking the courtyard was quiet, the bed was wonderfully comfortable, everything was well-kept up and clean--it was a beautiful oasis within NYC. The staff is wonderful, the coffee bar in the lobby is great, the location is great--next to the High Line, Chelsea art galleries, and close to subways. It is the only place I ever want to stay in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lovely and quiet courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the High Line Hotel on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in New York.

I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay at the High Line Hotel. We arrived hours earlier than check-in and found that our room was already prepared. It was much larger then any standard New York Hotel room we have stayed in thus far. The bell staff were all very helpful and friendly. From helping us unload upon check-in, to assisting us with renting bikes they were quick and attentive.

LOVED: the decor, the amount of space, the comfortable bed, the huge bathroom, the location.

Our only gripe would be the snobbery of the coffee shop (Intelligentsia) staff, although I suppose some people enjoy that type of treatment.

Overall, a fantastic trip!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago

I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved the old world charm of this hotel including the details of the furnishings (rotary dial phone!). The dormer windows of my fifth floor room reminded my of the cosy attic bedrooms of my grandparents house. The bed was the most comfy I've ever slept in. I hosted a small business gathering that evening in the outdoor courtyard--lovely (though it got a bit chilly as the night progressed). A hip young crowd (with dogs) lined up to get coffee and croissants downstairs in the morning. Only wish I'd had more time to wander around the neighborhood and see the High Line after which the hotel is named!

Room Tip: Top floor--quieter and great views looking out on the neighboring rooftops--thought I was in Paris
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
NicolasDaeppen, General Manager at The High Line Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guest’s have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have just spent a night at the High Line hotel. Overall I have enjoyed my time here but there are a couple things that management/staff could work on to make this place better still.
The good/great: 1. Location, where Chelsea meets Meatpacking with the gorgeous high line on your door step. 2. The interior design of both the rooms and common areas: beautiful and cosy at the same time. 3. Room size: my standard room must have been around 300sqf, which is generous by NYC standards.
The room for improvement: 1. rooms facing 10th avenue aren't quiet despite double-glazing, and the building works opposite the hotel at present are adding to the traffic noise. 2. Staff (relatively young and hip) do their job, but somehow I felt they lacked warmth and could have made me feel more welcome, perhaps with little else than a smile.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really loved The High Line Hotel. The staff was SO accommodating and pleasant. The location can't be beat and my room was lovely. My only complaint is that it was really loud. I was on the second floor at the corner of 20th and 10th Ave. I lived in NYC for many years and understand the sounds of the city, but this was too much. My suggestion would be to request an interior room (if there are interior rooms) or something higher up. Other than that, great place, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My suggestion would be to request an interior room (if there are interior rooms) or something higher...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to The High Line Hotel? Share your experiences!