“Approved - big time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ABC Cocina

ABC Cocina
38 E 19th St, New York City, NY 10003 (Flatiron District)
212-677-2233
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #469 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Broadway and Park Ave
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Approved - big time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

A Restoration Hardware setting, this restaurant offers a wonderful and original selection of tapas. Very chic and very NY. I'll certainly be back!

Visited February 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“My #1 in NY! yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Okay. Have the squash toast and the carrot salad and the ravioli and well, order anything...it's so delicious. Have only been for dinner. while there be sure to shop at ABC it's the best store in the world.

Visited February 2014
malaysia
“Superb food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My favourite meal on my holiday! Jean-Georges creations are pretty one of a kind - its meant to be south american fusion but I went with three south americans and they had never heard of most of the dishes on the menu!

The seating is tight and seems bustling but we came in a group of four and got a table right next to the front glass window facing the street which felt cozy and warm rather than packed. we came at lunch time and the atmosphere was buzzing! Its got a warehouse industrial feel to it, but with slight cozy warm touches like there were seashells stuck to the cement wall right next to our table which were beautiful.

Also, reservations are honoured - even though we were slightly late, we were seated immediately.

Now, to the food - the food was UH-May-ZING! So so good! we tried the stuffed baby squid, eggs benedict and fish tacos - but be warned that you've never tasted these three things like you do here. the combinations are fresh and everything is well-balanced and zingy. The baby squid was superb, done perfectly with nigh a chewy bit or funky feel. definitely give this place a try.

Apparently you can buy everything that is in the resto i.e. furniture, lighting appliances and crockery. I didnt try to do it - but its an interesting concept.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“ABC Cocina”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were a group of 6 for dinner. We had a nice evening with friends. The food is fine. Some dishes better than others. Fish tacos, broiled mushroom, brown rice and vegetables were the three best of about 12 dishes ordered. Dessert was nothing to speak of. Again, just fine. Timing of dishes was all done well. Waitress was sweet. It is a loud restaurant. Doesn't bother me, but if you like a more moderate sound level, this is not the place for you. Also, the dishes are creative but small. It is fun to try a bunch of different things, but the prices are high for what you are getting. I also felt that the need to put a sauce on everything sometimes took away from the main ingredients of the dish. Sometimes, less is more.
We all live in Manhattan and we all noted that it is not the type of place to travel to from an outer borough, let alone a different neighborhood in Manhattan. If I lived in the neighborhood, I would probably go back sooner rather than later, but it's definitely not a destination place for me. We all enjoyed it, but with so many restaurant choices In the city, I feel no need to go back any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Very stylish, very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stumbled upon this place while wandering NYC, I was pleasantly given a table and enjoyed myself immensely . The staff was knowledgable and keen to offer up accurate descriptions of the dishes. I always love the small plates / tapas concept. I had fresh and imaginative food combinations, great Spanish wine and felt well taken care of the entire time. Fluke ceviche and quivering fresh, raw tuna were the stand outs but I also had my fair share of brilliantly tender, spiced braised meats. The decor is super hip and tasteful. Classic NYC, lost in the moment experience, time flew by and I was sorry when it ended. If I had 5 or 6 thumbs, I would raise them Up!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere