“Staff Fantastic, Rooms Spacious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott New York Times Square West

You added Courtyard by Marriott New York Times Square West to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott New York Times Square West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 West 37th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #91 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Staff Fantastic, Rooms Spacious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We literally just checked out of the Courtyard Marriott TSW after a 3 night stay with 2 adults, 1 kid and 1 baby.

Our room was quite spacious (we had a 2 queen bed room) by NYC standards!! Plenty of room to walk around, set up the pack 'n play etc. Room was very clean, had a coffee maker, mini fridge.

Front desk staff and bellhops were super friendly and helpful.

We only used the hotel restaurant to grab coffee (they serve Starbucks).

Hotel is central to many NYC attractions. We were able to walk to Times Square, Central Park, etc.

Very very happy with our choice - will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
David L, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Times Square West, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square west for your family stay last October. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel, the amenities and the excellent service provided by our Staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Let me start by saying we had some concerns when it came to booking a hotel. We literally booked and cancelled numerous hotels prior to settling on this one. Finally with a little trepidation we chose this hotel for location purposes only. We were very wrong in our assessment. THIS HOTEL WAS GREAT. It has to be one of the best hotels in the city.
On a previous trip to NY we booked in NJ because of price and concerns of hotels in the city. We failed ourselves. the staff is second to none, the rooms, unlike a hotel we stayed in near WTC, were very spacious, and the sense of security was above comforting when we realized that you need a room keep to even access floors in the elevator.
We were WOW'd even more with the helpfulness and above and beyond assistance of Maria Natera, the concierge manager. she was always there to help and with more than just bookings, she offered advice, and personal knowledge of things we might enjoy as well as direction on traveling to these places.She also suggested great eateries and class A advice concerning other needs we had.
I could go on and on but I will end by saying, the only negative we found was that there are no microwaves in the rooms, only a community microwave located in the lobby, hidden away, small, and in need of cleaning....... badly. A bit of a downer when you have to get dressed and go down after a long day on the town. However, a meager price to pay considering all this hotel offers and the expert staff they maintain. A staff that greets you upon every entrance, every time, day or night. We are still reeling with excitement. Courtyard Marriott......... take a bow

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, such great comments regarding our Concierge, Maria and the rest of our staff. We are glad after reviewing many hotels, you decided to choose the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. We take great pride in providing excellent service that not only meets guest expectations, but to exceed them. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Even though I was there for only one night this time, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Jina from front desk call up to my room after I checked in to make sure everything was okay which was first for me and I have stayed at lot of hotels in my time and the bellmen James and Ryan could not have been more helpful. James walk a 2 blocks with me in a middle of rush hour to get me a cab for me to get to ferry station so my sister wouldn't have to wait too long for me on the other side. :-)

I highly recommended anyone visiting New York City to stay at this hotel. The hotel is very clean and very up to date. Not very far from Time square but far enough away for all the noise. It was a great experience!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Providing great service so guests can have a wonderful experience is the way we operate our hotel at Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West. Thank you for the great comments regarding Jina, James and Ryan. They are all excellent Associates that always go out of their way to create a great experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel, and it was nice. But the front staff was great. I have to call out James, great smile, cute, and very attentive.... he was right on point with everything I needed. Ryan was as well very helpful, and had positive attitude and most importantly he help me with a great smile on his face. Awesome work guys. I told you guys I would write a nice review!!! Thanks for all the help.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We do receive many nice comments regarding the service provided by our Bell Staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the excellent service you experienced. I will certainly share them with James, Ryan and the rest of our Staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York.

Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Look no further than this hotel at central new york. My room was on the 16th floor overlooking the town. My god how this city does not sleep. All i can say is you are treated with smiles all time. Food is amazing and full of variety. Since its a city hotel, its near all the theater tickets centers for u to choose from. Its a must.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recommendation here on Trip Advisor. Here at Courtyard by Marriott we treat all our guests with great customer service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the variety of food at our Bistro and had a fantastic stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The staff was incredibly nice and helpfull; all of them but specially María Pozo.
They explained us lots of things and plans to have fun in NY. They also held many conversation in fluent Spanish. Finally they arranged for a limousine to go to the airport instead of a normal van and they managed to recover a litte suitcase forgotten inside!!!
In addition the hotel is very well place to enjoy very much NY, just near the corner 8th AV & 37th St. Really eassy to check In/out and with a lovely team (room cleaners, waitress, recepcionists, baggage assistant,...)

Room Tip: inside rooms have boring views to the back of other buildings. If possible ask for external.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Times Square West for your trip to New York. I am glad to hear Maria our Assistant Manager and the rest of our Staff were able to take care of all your needs. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the United States.

Plainville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a nice stay although had a few minor bumps. Any time I brought something to the attention of the front desk it was taken care of quickly and thoroughly!

Ryan the Bellman was wonderful. I had to store my presentation materials prior to leaving for the airport. He made sure when I called later in the day from the conference center, to have them ready by the hotel entry. I was in a rush to go from one location quickly to the airport. When I arrived at the hotel with my taxi, to go on further to the airport, there they were with Ryan beside them! Made my connection even though it was close!

All of the front desk staff were kind in helping me get around to all my accounts in the Manhattan area. They told me best routes, transportation, shows, and restaurants to try. It was especially nice when I wanted to do NON-tourist activities as well.

Thanks again, all of you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wow, Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding our Associates. I will certainly share your comments with Ryan and the rest of the Staff so they know they provided excellent service during your stay with us. We take great pride in trying to exceed expectations from our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Director of Guest Relations

Been to Courtyard by Marriott New York Times Square West? Share your experiences!