“Okay for a Quick Meal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thailand Cafe

Thailand Cafe
95 2nd Ave, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10003-8351 (East Village)
212-477-1872
Neighborhood: East Village
New York City
“Okay for a Quick Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Food was reasonably priced, but the fried calamari appetizer was too small & the crab meat fried rice was just a big mound of rice. A bit of a language barrier here, as requests had to be repeated & some things were wrong. Not much atmosphere, sort of a dive, even though I've been told the place has been renovated.

Visited June 2012

Tampa, FL
“An 'A' rating from the Health Dept doesn't mean a thing. Stay AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I visited this restaurant in NYC on March 17, 2012 with my daughter and friends. It had an "A" rating so we figured we couldn't go wrong and with it being St. Patty's Day we were pleased to be able to find a place not packed. I ordered a Mango Mojito to start. It was terrible, it wasn't sweet at all and it did not taste like Mango. The server was kind enough to get me another drink, the Lychee Mojito was much better. The three of us that were there first ordered our food and we enjoyed our food. A 4th friend showed up after we had eaten and she ordered the Chicken Terriyaki, a classic and simple dish. My daughter ordered a desert, fried ice cream, but had to send it back because it had chocolate syrup over it and she is allergic to it. Our 4th friend received her plate and as she's picking through the vegetables she finds something that she is not quite sure about. She asks me to look at it and what I saw was a full caterpillar. Apparently the vegetables were not properly washed and the caterpillar got cooked with the vegetables. My daughter ran to the bathroom because she got so sick. When we called the server over to look at what we found she was very rude and told us to wait. When she turned around to look at my friend's plate she said she would take the plate and bring her a new one. We asked to speak to the manager and she said she'd be right back. She came back and said her manager said my friend's plate would be free. This was not okay with us. My daughter got up and went to the back to ask to speak to the manager and she was told their was no manager on hand. After several words were exchanged my daughter advised them we would not be paying for anything and we left. This is not a place I would ever recommend to anyone and the "A" rating in the window from the Health Department no longer means anything to me.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Thai food and cheap...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Best Thai food and cheap mojitos on 2nd Avenue.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“i just ate here for the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

i just ate here for the first time and both the appetizers and the massaman curry were very tasty.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good Food. Nice Atmosphere. Enjoyed the water-base curry.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Good Food. Nice Atmosphere. Enjoyed the water-base curry.