“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Bistro

Azul Bistro
152 Stanton St, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
646-602-2004
Transit: Any train to Essex / Delancy Street
San Jose, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been to this place five or six times, and I live thousands of miles away. When I go to NY, this is the place I eat --- whether by myself or with friends.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Detroit, MI
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have had 3 great experiences at Azul. The food is always amazing, the staff is wonderful, and I love the atmosphere - cozy, but romantic. I would highly recommend the empanadas and entrana - accompanied with a glass of malbec of course! We also tried the panqueques - dolce de leche crepes the last time we had dinner there and they were heavenly! Azul is always a great night out.

• Visited May 2013
Wolverhampton
“Disappointed, great expectations!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

A group of us had booked for a Sunday night and had been recommended to this restaurant and had such high hopes.

The evening didn't start well when we found out that they only did wine and beer and no spirits which unfortunately is what I drink so I opted for diet coke which I had to ask for several times having had a tap water - to be fair I don't think it was on the menu and so I was lucky to get it!

The empanadas were delicious when they arrived but came out in 3 sittings, I'm not sure if it was a small oven and they could only cook so many at a time but it meant that we were waiting around for ages before the mains eventually arrived.

I think a Sunday night was the wrong time to go as there were a couple of things on the menu which had run out so it had probably been a busy saturday night. There was no need to book as there was only us and one other table occupied.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki
“Fantastic and authentic Argentinan restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a dinner in Azul Bistro with my wife and another couple and it was a very nice experience! In a nutshell, the food was great (assuming you like meat!), the service was friendly and nice and the overall feeling very, very nice. We didn't know the place before but we will be back next time we visit NYC.
Keep up the good work!

Leicester
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Azul was recommended to us by a bar man from Lucky Jacks, we were not disappointed!

We ordered the empanadas to start, which were delicious, fresh and hot. We then ordered the Sirloin for 2 which was melt in the mouth divine.

The atmosphere and service was great.

I reccomend this restaurant to anyone going to NY and it will be one of my first ports of call when I return!

• Visited October 2011