“Great Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mogador Cafe

Mogador Cafe
101 Saint Marks Pl, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10009-5146 (East Village)
212-677-2226
Neighborhood: East Village
Houston, TX
“Great Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

On the advice of a native New Yorker, we visited Cafe Mogador for Sunday brunch during our recent trip to NYC. I love mediterranean food, so Cafe Mogador was a real treat for me. They serve brunch/breakfast on Sundays until 4 p.m., which was great, because were moving slow that day. The Halumi Eggs were delicious, and their homemade sausage is unique but very good. Of course, we enjoyed mimosas and a bloody mary. The servings were large, and the ambiance is cozy. It was a bit loud, but not bothersome. Service was great, and I will definitely go back next time I'm in New York.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
new york
“good couscous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

it was busy and noisy when we were there, but the couscous was very good. For some reason the broth came later when we were half the way through but apart from that a good experience.

Visited August 2014
Bergen, Norway
“Great service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went by for lunch with the family, and was really pleased with the welcoming feel from the staff. The sandwich i had was very tasty, and as usual I opted for the salad instead of fries which was a very good choice - the salad was very well put together and made the meal better. Our daughter, who's a picky eater, ordered the Lunch special; the soup of the day followed by pasta, and she ate all of both plates. Very calm atmosphere and skilled staff.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Great Brunch and Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We visited Café Mogador at the end of June while dropping my son off for a summer program at NYU. It was lunch time on Sunday, but they were still service brunch so most in our party opted for that. I had an omelet with spinach and goat cheese which was absolutely delicious! The brunch was served with orange juice (fresh squeezed) and cappuccino (yum!). Others had the French Toast which was also delicious. The place was bustling - they have both indoor and outdoor seating. Since the front windows were completely open, I am not sure if there was air conditioning, but we were very comfortable. We liked it so much we went back for dinner when we went to bring my son home from the NYU program. The dinner menu is definitely more Moroccan with meats, basmati rice, hummus, etc and the food was very well prepared and delicious. Do not miss the hummus appetizer, served with warm pita bread. The BEST I have ever had. This is definitely more of a restaurant for adults - I did not see any young children. The brunch menu would be fine for them, but definitely not much on the menu for youngsters (under 6). There is a full bar and it seemed like a neat place where lots of young people hang out. It was not crowded at all at 5:00 pm when we went for dinner, however at noon on Sunday it was mobbed for brunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“Great Moroccan Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been here for both dinner and breakfast and both meals were spot on. They have a little bit of outdoor seating which is nice but hard to get. Even though the get kind of busy even during the brunch rush, they are worth the wait and really seat everyone as fast as they can. They also close late, I think like 2am so it is a great last min stop instead of the traditional "street meat" on the way home :)

• Visited May 2014