“what personality and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucien Restaurant

Lucien Restaurant
14 1st Ave, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10009-7904 (East Village)
212-260-6481
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,608 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Village
“what personality and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Best grilled shrimp I have ever had in my life. Others had grilled vegetables, onion soup, and Vichyssoise. Everyone loved the atmosphere, food, and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

hewlett NY
“Absolutely delicious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a fabulous little french bistro right in the heart of the east village. The place was jammed to the rafters and even with that the service was perfect and the food fabulous. do not miss the roasted to perfection chicken! We were a party of 8 and everybody thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. We are already planning the next visit!!

Hewlett, New York
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went on a Sat. nite with 3 other couples. We had an 830 reservation. It was impossible to find a spot on the street, so we went into a garage for $23. The restaurant is small, really small when you are waiting. There was no room at the bar so patrons were hold up against the wall behind bar area. So whenever servers were coming through we all had to hold it in and try to maneuver to get them through. So by the time our table was ready(about 9) I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong. We were given a nice long table in the back, with plenty of room and not as noisy. Waiter suggested a bottle of wine instead of individual glasses. Everything was delicious and no one was unhappy. Salads were good, tuna tartare very good, onion soup also good. Most of us had the chicken which was excellent. Some had the steak and fries which they also said was good. No desserts, and no complaints. Would go again, but maybe not on a sat. nite.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwood, Minnesota
“A gem in New York City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We happened upon this great little French bistro with no idea it would be one of the highlights of our trip. The waitress was endearing; Lucien, the owner shared a bottle of wine with us and we had the a fabulous conversation.

I started to look at the photos on the walls and noticed the likes of Robert De Niro, Russell Crow and Steve Buscemi. Some sitting in the very booth I was in. The food was fabulous-I recommend the crab cakes. A light lunch with great atmosphere and great food.

Lucien is a little on the expensive side, but well worth it. The best thing is even though they have table clothes and amazing French food, the dress is casual. As Lucien said to us, "We don't take ourselves too seriously around here." he said this talking about life and in a way in regard to a comment I made about him being a famous restauranteur. I am so glad we found this place and that we met Lucien.

Directions-Lucien is located in Manhattan’s East Village—two doors north of 1st Street on the East side of
1st Avenue and very near to the F train.

Website- www.luciennyc.com

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York, USA
“Authentic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lucien is by far one of the most authentic French spots I've found in NYC. Everytime I go, I hear whispers of French from all corners of the restaurants - and the energy of the staff transport me back to a Parisien bistro. Definitely try the Frisee aux lardons salad as well as any of the entrees, as well as the house wine! Also if you can snag a seat at the bar, it's my favorite spot in the house. Also call in advance if you want to make reservations - it can get pretty crowded on weekends.

• Visited March 2013