“Very good meat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
106 E 57th St, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)
(212) 752-7470
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 4,5,6 to 59th Street
“Very good meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We had steak tartare and filet mignon, meat was very good, service accurate, price/quality in line with Manhattan. Couple of drawbacks: the music, don't think such a place need it; reservation, maybe because of Saturday, we have been asked to come for the "second shift" (does this kind of places really need two shifts ?) and had to wait 25 minutes. Fix these two issues and I would get back for the meat.

Visited July 2014

Brattleboro, Vermont
“Pricey but Good Lunch at BLT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

There are plenty of choices in NYC, but at any of the BLT restaurants you know it's going to be great. But, it's the price that really grabbed my attention and I am not cheap, especially when I am in a big time city. I know the rents are crazy high, but hey come on now, nothing less than $13 for pinot grigio? Really? I always dine at the bar when I am by myself. And when dining in NYC a lunch would not be complete without a glass of wine so I chose the Sancerre, Port Du Caillou, 2012, Loire $19. Ouch. Now lunch. It was a special - Smoked Salmon and Beets $21. The salmon was Heavenly. Genuine Wild King. The signature popover was as good as ever. I a don't care if you are dieting, you must have the popover. It was amazingly good. Perfect. The service is always great. The meal taste, presentation and service wise was spot on.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sverige
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Excellent service with professional, courtious and attentative staff, not the regular sycophantic type. The waitress left out in mid service, but not before coming over explaining that her shift ended and who would wait on us for our remaining visit.

The food was outstanding! THE best NY Strip I have had. Excellent wine recommendations.

I will come here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not up to its usual standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been many times in this location but this visit was very disappointing. The newyork cut steak was very dry and difficult to chew.the fish which one my my friends order was not very tasty.yes the manager offer to change the order but as you know the second choice is never like the first one. Maybe as it was Sunday evening the chef did not meet the expectations

Visited June 2014
Delaware, USA
“Meh. Prime steaks? Really??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I usually parachute in without reservations in NYC. Tried it here as we stayed in the area. The service was solid. The drinks were solid. The sides were solid. The steak was sort of lacking. I've eaten at nearly all of the "prime" steak houses and in my opinion, for a $50 steak this wasn't really "prime". Hard to write a less than review but for the money there are better options, again, in my opinion. Maybe we simply got two steaks that were a little off but all in all, hard to justify the price. Might go back for another try. Not sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere