“If you like snobby service and surroundings, do here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Per Se

Per Se
10 Columbus Circle, Time Warner Building, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
(212) 823-9335
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Per Se is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 11,599 restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 60th Street
Transit: 1,9,B,D,A,C to Columbus Circle
New York City, New York
“If you like snobby service and surroundings, do here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food is over the top terrific. Unfortunately, the service is not always the best. Specifically, the staff can be snooty and limited in their helpfulness of selections. Skip the expensive dinner unless you are well heeled and curious.

Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
St. Louis, MO
“Outsanding restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife has wanted to visit French Laundry every time we've been in Napa/Sonoma. So when she saw Per se in NY, she called on the off-chance they had room at lunch for two. Much to our delight, they did.

Unfortunately, words diminish the experience of Per se. We've enjoyed outstanding meals at wonderful restaurants throughout the States for our 40 years together - and Per se beats them all. We enjoyed the nine-course tastings with some variations plus champagne and a lovely bordeaux...and loved every moment.

At the end of the 3 1/2 hour lunch, my wife said, somewhat morbidly, "Now I can die happy!" I suggested we just return and enjoy it again - which we absolutely will! It really is as good as you can image and better than anyone can describe - and it is worth every penny.

Visited April 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Excellent service - tasting not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visit fine restaurants frequently. In terms of service, Per Se exemplified high end service. Staff was friendly and attentive although not overly friendly. Sommelier was very good. The restaurant is located on the 4th floor of the Time Warner building. Very nice ambiance with beautiful views. We selected the 9 course tasting with the two upgrades that were offered for the caviar and the fois gras. Honestly, some of the courses were good but I found most of them to be much too salty. I was a little disappointed with some of the courses. The standouts were the meal finale of dessert and chocolates. While the ambiance and service were exceptional the meal was a little disappointed for such a highly rated and reviewed restaurant.

Visited May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

As visitors to NY from the UK, this was to be one of the highlights of our trip. I had very high expectations and these were met and exceeded. From start to finish this was the most memorable meal of our lives.

The food was beyond amazing, the service was attentive and friendly without being intimidating or 'stuffy'. We got a tour of the kitchen after our meal, one of the many nice touches that we did not expect. The friendly and attentive staff certainly made this experience even more special by bringing us additional courses to sample that were not on the menu, and by providing my husband with fine malt whisky (!!).

Expensive? Yes. But you know that before you go, Worth it? Absolutely.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
california
“Per Se Salon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had lunch here and it was a nice experience. Service was professional, but stiff. To start with I had nettle pierogi with morel and pea tendrils . I was a small portion, but delicious. My husband had ricotta agnolotti with pepper, fava beans and meyer lemon. I like my pierogi better. I then had the lobster with miso pudding and coconut nuage. It was a flavorful dish and I enjoyed it very much. My husbands halibut was less successful. It was a touch over cooked and I told him to send it back, but he didn’t. As a whole the dishes he picked were not as flavorful as mine was. We skipped dessert because nothing jumped at us. Overall a nice experience for me, but not much for my husband.

• Visited May 2013