“WOW Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushiya

Sushiya
28 West 56th Street, Bet. 5th Avenue & 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
(212) 247-5756
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Greenville, South Carolina
“WOW Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Seriously, I have NEVER had more friendly and prompt service in New York City. They were the kindest people ever. I probably saw at least 5 employees who all greeted me, said hello, and thanked me. Crazy. I ordered my food to go and before I had two sips of wine, it was ready. So fast. The sushi was fresh and tasty. This will be on my stop next time I'm in NYC.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte NC
“Great Sushi and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

In mid August, I took my daughter to NYC. We were walking down 5th Ave toward Cenrral Park, when we decided to stop for lunch. Took a turn onto 56th just to see what we could find. Walked by this place at first and then turned around. Decided to give it a try, even though we knew nothing about this place. The wait staff were extremely friendly and service as fast and great. Sushi was WONDERFUL. I could have stayed and eaten all day it was that good and fresh. We both ate and ate and still our bill was reasonable. I highly recommend this place if you are a sushi lover as I am. Thumbs up!!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“GREAT SUSHI, BETTER PRICES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

some of the best sushi in the city in the most expensive part of the city...though the prices are downtown prices instead of midtown!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

Great sushi

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Relatively authentic Sushi restaurant, but service was not that of traditional Japanese. I had to wait too long before...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

Relatively authentic Sushi restaurant, but service was not that of traditional Japanese. I had to wait too long before waiters come to my table everytime. OK for casual lunch, but I would not take guests from Tokyo to this restaurant.