“Excusitely served top quality Japanese dinning experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masa

Masa
10 Columbus Circle, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
212-823-9800
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
New York City, New York
“Excusitely served top quality Japanese dinning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This fantasticaly expensive Japanese restaurant is worth every penny!
The food is excellent, the service impecable, the setting lovely, what can I say?
If it was a bit more reasonable, I would be there no less than twice a week.
If money is no object, this is an experience that no body should deny themselves.

• Visited January 2013

Oslo
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We are big sushi lovers all the way from Norway, and was told this was the absolute best sushi money could buy. It was ridiculously expensive, but worth it. The service was impeccable, the food was sensational and we especially appreciated the excellence of the sommelier. This was a once in a lifetime experience, but boy was it memorable.

• Visited September 2012
The Hague
“Bar Masa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm confused as to why this isn't listed separately, but to be accurate: this review is about Bar Masa, a perfect, and perfectly affordable, place to eat above the shops at Columbus Circle. It is not about Masa.
I have eaten here several times on my many regular visits to NYC. If you don't know it, it's rather hard to find as it is discreetly tucked away on an upper floor and doesn't have much in the way of advertising/signage.
The staff were quiet and courteous. The menu is wonderful...the food even better. I've never been disappointed and I've never seen a crowd there. It seems to be a well-kept secret. (I hope that doesn't change because I've chosen to review it.)
For those loving Japanese food, or just extraordinary food, this is not to be missed.

• Visited November 2012
New York
“Expensive but Full Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was a guest so I did not see the final bill, but I did see the menu and I'd guess we probably averaged $150 per person. Two of us drank Saki - the other drank tea. Masa is one of the great Japanese chefs and there are two seating areas - one where he presides himself, and the word is you will average $2,000 a head in there. We ate in the less formal bar area - table seating, wonderful waiters and truly amazing food.
We ranged through the menu, with bites of this and bits of that and even items I usually don't like were magnificent. A cornucopia of flavors and textures and styles. It was an extraordinary culinary event, right up to and including the dessert.
On a 10 star rating system, this place gets a solid 12. And while it is pricey, it is very good value.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Japan in its essence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Many restaurants we've been had excellent cuisine, including some in New York City. But MASA seemed to us to suit many of our expectations of how a top restaurant in Japan must be.
Silence is something the Asian culture praises.
Silence is not a lack of something, it is a value.

also, elegance, subtlety and respect are needed in the relationship with the other person.
Surely enough, quality is the third ingredient for a successful restaurant.

MASA had all of it.

Everything in the restaurant inspires peace, silence and respect in a deep way. Waiters, the sushiman, everyone is very polite and delicate. We asked for the menu, we had many exceptional dishes, which were very delicate and carefully prepared. The sushi chef was silent, courteous, preparing everything next to us. In the end, everyone bid farewell in such a friendly way that we felt sorry for leaving.
The toro ther is simply perfect. A wide selection of sakes, nice tea.
Very expensive, but for a very special occasion.

• Visited October 2012