“Business lunch was top dollar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bice Ristorante - CLOSED

Bice Ristorante
7 East 54th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)
(212) 688-1999
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th & Madison Avenues
Transit: Trains: 6 train to 51st Street/Lexington Ave. E and M trains to 53 St.& Madison/ Fifth Avenues. Bus Stops: M1, M2, M3, M4 bus stops on 55th St or 52nd St. on Madison & 5th Avenues
Description: Bice Ristorante is centrally located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, walking distance to the best shopping in New York City, MOMA, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and much more. Bice is the perfect venue for corporate functions, social gatherings, Broadway galas, fundraising events, weddings and holiday celebrations. Signature Dishes include homemade Tagliolini with Maine Lobster and wild mushrooms. Casoncelli Ravioli filled with veal and parma ham served with decadent black truffles and rosemary demi-glace, Risotto ai frutti di mare includes scallops, shrimp and lobster and Bice's Spaghetti Vongole Our Chef blends Northern Italian and American cuisine featuring organic products whenever possible. Bice Ristorante, the quintessential New York experience. Timeless Dining since 1926. Where it all began in Milan and continues to thrive Internationally.
Stratford upon Avon
“Business lunch was top dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I met my lawyer and we lunched at Bice, a typical New York Italian restaurant that has great atmosphere and attitude complimented by real Italian cuisine. The soup was traditional but great and the pasta just sublime. The service was efficient and entertaining and you get theatre as well as being looked after. Thank you Bice and you are now my number 1 NYC lunch spot.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Big drop in quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Have been a big fan of Bice for years and visited some of the other branches as well. However the last visit was a big disappointment. Service was bad (they forgot the starter from the order). The food was cold and average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“RUDE MANAGER - Peter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

what a horrible experience. 3 out of the 4 of us got food poisoning (2 kids, 1 adult). if that wasn't bad enough i contacted Bice so they would know and hopefully prevent any future cases. i received a curt response from peter,t he manger. Ater a number of emails back and forth he has to date - never even apologized. He also mis-characterized my prior emails. i was careful not to ask for a refund. i dont want their money. All i wanted was a sincere apology. Peter made a bad experience worse. Please do not frequent this establishment. They don't deserve your business.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Wonderful food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our party of six called ahead for reservations on a Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and taken to our table. The food was very delicious. We started out with a ravioli with mushroom sauce, which was excellent. The asparagus au gratin with parmesan was crispy and tasty. I ordered homemade spaghetti alla Bolognese and it was very rich and filling. Most of the party got filet mignon steaks and we all shared. The filet was tender and juicy. The atmosphere was excellent for conversation and the restaurant was not at all crowded. Service was very good and the servers were not intrusive. Deserts were delicious. When we left, it started snowing, which made a memorable ending to a fine evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malta, Illinois
“Maybe just out of our league?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

First off, the food was okay, much like I have read in other reviews posted here. We got reservations during restaurant week, so we took advantage of a low priced limited option menu. I had a iceberg wedge, lasagna, and a creme brulee for dessert. The salad was wonderful, the lasagna was good, but honestly, not that exceptional, and the creme brulee (though I did eat it all) was not the best one that I have ever tasted. It was a little course and not as smooth and silky as some of the best ones that I have eaten. Others in my party had the salmon and the Chicken Marsala. The salmon got rave reviews, but the chicken, again just mediocre. The wait staff that we were assigned was quite "stuffy" and seemed to be amused by us...though maybe this is just me being sensitive, but I dont think so! For the price of the regular menu, I was glad that we did not pay full price for the food that we were served. I felt ok about it at the restaurant week price.

Visited February 2013