“You MUST try a FALAFEL!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azuri Cafe

Azuri Cafe
465 W 51st St, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10019-6345 (Manhattan)
212-262-2920
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #385 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Kosher, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Jacksonville, Florida
“You MUST try a FALAFEL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place is a true gem. It looks like w hole in the wall walking by and normally I wouldn't have thought twice to walk in. I came on a food tour and I was really impressed. We tried the Falafel! I am truly a fan and this is now a favorite of mine!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“fine food hole-in-the-wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I met a friend here and had a terrific lunch and a lot of conversation with the owners--characters. It was so delicious, I decided I needed to take food out for the drive towards home the next day--what a smart move. I recommend the Shwarma--the perfect marinade.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winchester, Virginia
“Great food, great owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been wanting to try this place for awhile now but kept coming into the city on saturdays when it is closed. Well, the wait was worth it! It is small but we got there Sunday afternoon after 1 PM and the place was emptying out. We snagged a table and my wife and I each ordered the swarma gyro. The owner came over and began a pleasant conversation about his history and he was most interested in our trip to Israel just a few years back. As for the food, it was yummy! And filling! Glad we did not get the platter! Can't wait to go back! Have the address handy and you will have no trouble finding it! We Love Swarma! We love these little places as the food is always good and the management are so happy to see you!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Hidden Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I were given the name of the Azuri Cafe and were told to look hard as you could miss it. That part is true, it is easy to walk by. Once you have gone in however, you will not walk by it again.
The cafe is not fancy but the food is superb.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newtown, Connecticut
“Proof that size does not matter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

With a mere 4 tables and a total seating capacity of ten, this postage stamp sized restaurant serves hugely delicious authentic (and kosher)
Israeli delicacies. From the various appetizers and salads - we tried the hummus, red cabbage and Israeli salads, eggplant - all exceptional, to the main courses - the chicken kebab dinner and the shawarma in pita - everything was fresh, perfectly seasoned, and authentic. The Turkish coffee, lovingly made by the owner, Ezra Cohen, was the best I have had outside of Israel. The bill was as small the premises. The service personal. As for Mr. Cohen - the quintessential Sabra - prickly and tough on the outside, but once opened up and revealed- sweet and delightful.

Visited March 2014