“On par with the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Picholine

Picholine
35 W 64th St, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10023-6728 (Manhattan)
212-724-8585
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Picholine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #563 of 11,748 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Central Park West and Broadway
Transit: 1 train to 66th Street / Lincoln Center; A, C, B, D train to 59th Street / Columbus Circle; M7,104,20,66 to 66h Street / Lincoln Center; M10 to 63rd Street and Central Park West.
“On par with the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend and I enjoyed catching up over dinner at Picholine. We were here on a Sunday and it wasn't very busy, so we were able to chat without hearing everyone else's conversations. The staff were friendly and attentive. The Fromager was very knowledgeable and the cheese cart was the special highlight of the night because I love cheese. We had seared foie gras and rilettes as appetizers, suckling pig and ribeye as entrees, and cheese plate and coffee spoom for dessert. The quality of the food and service is on par with what I'd expect for a restaurant of this caliber (up there with the ranks of Daniel, Le Bernardin and Astrid y Gaston), so it was excellent. Definitely a place to hit up if you're entertaining a cheese lover.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Extortionate wine, good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Tasting menu well presented and of quality ingredients. Wine list ridiculously expensive (nothing under $100) with pompous french sommelier trying to sell the more expensive bottles and then making veiled negative comments when his wine was not chosen. The numerous wait staff was courteous but mixed. Some really pleasant and others arrogant. Overall good food, fair service and dissapointing wine pricing.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“great place to eat when going to Lincoln Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our second visit to this fine restaurant. My wife and I went with a friend prior to attending a performance of the New York City Ballet. The food was excellent; and the restaurant is very good about getting you out the door in time for the performances. I would definitely go there again.

Visited June 2014
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced in general ... and beware the wine !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

French restaurant with fixed price or tasting menus. We had the 3 course $98 version which was the same price even for vegetarians. Food was fussy with small portions and seemed a throw back to the 80s. We also had the wine selection ($50 each) chosen by the restaurant to accompany our dinner choices. One of my wines was old and sour tasting and was the bottom of a bottle when poured. The very snotty wine waiter was condescending when i reported this and appeared unwilling to replace it until my husband also said that mine tasted off. With bad grace I was bought a replacement but I was so irritated by his attitude that it was hard to enjoy the meal.
Restaurant itself is long thin and gloomy and having booked it to celebrate my daughters graduation we were disappointed though they did provide a free small additional dessert for her. Did not feel at all worth the pricetag of $700 including tip for 4

Visited May 2014
New preston CT
“Terrible, terrible and very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Both couples who had dinner there the other night have not been there for quite a while and had only the best remembrances of such excellent food, service and ambience. The only good thing I can say is the bartender is great. When you look at the menu what it says is not what you're going to get so make sure you get a careful explanation of what you're getting, not that it matters everything we had was just the worst. The least of the horrors was the roasted squab which I agree it should would be served rare but came medium. This is one of my favorite dishes that my wife makes and I have frequently at the Phoenix Garden restaurant in New York. It really is not worth eating and I highly recommend that if you are looking to have a decent dinner don't go here. Additionally you pay very dearly for this very disappointing evening.

• Visited May 2014