“Superb service and food--an outstanding experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Picholine

Picholine
35 W 64th St, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10023-6728 (Upper West Side)
212-724-8585
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Picholine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #712 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Central Park West and Broadway
Transit: 1 train to 66th Street / Lincoln Center; A, C, B, D train to 59th Street / Columbus Circle; M7,104,20,66 to 66h Street / Lincoln Center; M10 to 63rd Street and Central Park West.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Superb service and food--an outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I went to NYC as a Christmas & Anniversary gift to each other. We read many restaurant reviews and decided to choose Picholine for our Saturday night special dinner. It was just outstanding! The service was superb and matched the unique and outstanding cuisine! We were seated at a banquette in the back room and it was cozy and romantic.We chose the 3 course prix-fixe dinner for $98. The food choices were amazing and I chose the "fish and chips" appetizer after seeing it served to someone else. I would never have guessed that it was fish & chips. It was lovely, a very elegant and unusual presentation that tasted as good as it looked. Entrees were perfect and we chose the cheese cart instead of desert. Ooh la la, the cheese cart was as good as any we've had in out many travels to France. The nice touch was that we chose what we wanted and then the cart was wheeled away and we were brought a plate with our 3 choices of cheese with accompaniaments as well as a sheet that had the name and description of the cheeses we had chosen. Since we were celebrating our anniversary, we received a plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate! A very lovely touch and not too much food. We couldn't have enjoyed the evening more! This is a gem of a restaurant!

Halifax, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I dined here with my partner whilst on a trip to NYC. I had big expectations at Picholine and it delivered on every aspect. The food was out of this world and the wine was also on par. Great service and a lovely setting. Would recommend this to anybody who has a love for food! Thanks for having us Picholine I'm sure we will you again in the near future.

Huntington, New York
“Great food, somewhat disappointing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were dining before the theatre just prior to Christmas. While the food was delicious and quite interesting and while we wanted to love our experience there, it fell short in two important areas. Our party of four all chose the wine pairing. We were told that each pour would be between 2 and 3 ounces. For our first course, my wife and I were being served a burgundy. The pour did not come close to even 2 ounces. Granted it was a premier cru wine, but I felt that our wine steward was quite miserly. The two other dinner guests, each of whom had a different wine, had noticeably more. While I should have spoken up, I did not. When I asked to see the label of each wine that was being poured for me, the wine steward seemed quite hurried. While service overall was generally quite attentive, when it came time for the check, our waiter, who was aware of our curtain time, was nowhere to be seen. I had to go to the bar to pay the check and race to the theatre.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jersey Shore
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am not going to add much more than to say that the whole experience was perfect. There was a good selection for all the courses for the 5 course tasting menu so no one could possibly be disappointed. We enjoyed the wine pairings for each course if that interests you and we also enjoyed the discussion with their expert about the cheeses offered for that course as well. The 5 course menu is well worth it for a special occasion when you want to splurge. Also, the location is great for pre theater dining before an event at Lincoln Center. It's only minutes away up the street and right across Broadway.

Miami, Florida
“Mark of Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This restaurant makes the difference between a mediocre restaurant and a great restaurant! The food is exceptional and the service to be recommended to everyone that loves to eat at a place where everything matters. I highly recommend this restaurant as one of the best ever. If you are ever in NYC make sure you make your reservations, you will never regret it. We ate at the private wine room next to the cheese room.

• Visited December 2013